• Time
  • Show
Clear All

v7 - Quantity discount not working as expected

I have a 'cart content' discount set up as follows:

Enabled; Based on QTY; Trigger 1; no coupon; product group: GROUP A
    Reward type: % off extra product; reward amount 10; group: GROUP B
    'Only one reward per order' is NOT ticked

To me this says if someone orders 1 product from group A, they get 10% off any product from group B - with no limits. ie. if they buy qty 10 of a single item from group B they should get 10% off all 10. and/or if they buy 2 separate products from group B they should get 10% off both products.

But what seems to be happening is that I'm only getting ONE discount. So if they buy one product from group A and 10 from group B they only get 10% off one of the 10 group B items and the other 9 get no discount.

Now I realise this is more likely to be an issue with my understanding of how it should work than a bug... but does anyone know how to change it to do what I want...?
    John

% off extra product (singular) is the key, your requirement is the least likely, they've set it up for the most likely scenario. Without multiple A purchases, i don't think you can get what you want. You'll have to rethink the offer i reckon.

Comment

So using any of the other discount types is there any way to basically have a 1 to multiple offer?

eg. "buy a laser printer, get as many extra consumables as you want at 5% off?"

It doesn't seem like a weird or unusual thing to want to do...? In fact limiting it to one would seem the odd thing to do.

If I sell a laser printer for example, I would want to upsell the toners as well, but it would be very odd to say "if you buy a laser printer you can get 10% off 1 consumable only... if you want to buy an extra cyan, yellow and magenta toner you'll need to buy 3 laser printers to get the discount off all of them"...

I realise I could bundle the products, then do the discount on the single bundle.... but that would be a pain in this case. In this example I'd need a CYM bundle, plus a CYMK bundle, maybe a CYMKK bundle as different people have different requirements...
      John

Comment

Limiting it to one is odd for you, but i can assure you most people would in fact want it as it is, the vice versa of your argument holds just as much water, if not a fair bit more.

AFAIK, you will not get a 1 to many discount.

What you should be looking to do IMO is add these options onto the product itself, so people simply click a tickbox (optional components) to include the products they want, at the offer prices you set. They can only then be bought at that price when bought in conjunction with the product.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
          Limiting it to one is odd for you, but i can assure you most people would in fact want it as it is, the vice versa of your argument holds just as much water, if not a fair bit more.
          Indeed, but I thought that was the point of the "Only one reward per order" that appears on that page.
          John

Comment

I see what you're saying, that's there to stop a second A purchase with a subsequent second B discount.

Comment

AHAH! Done it!

Just use the same settings as above but set the trigger to value £0.01 rather than qty... Now working exactly as desired. woo hoo!
              John

Comment

Working...
              X