Shipping rates in the wrong order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping rates in the wrong order

I entered the shipping classes for some zones so that they should have appeared in the following order:

Parcelforce Standard
    Parcelforce International
    Royal Mail First Class/Airmail

However, the order that they have appeared in different zones is random, and this carries through to the droplist on the checkout page.

I tried right-clicking on the zone name to enter the classes, and also on the previous class, but this made no difference.

My client would like them to appear as above - any ideas or is this something we have to live with?

TIA

Malcolm
    ¤ The world wide web needn't cost the earth
    ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
    ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

They are not in a random order - by default, they are in order of shipping cost. If you want to order them by another method, then instructions are in the knowledge base HERE.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
      They are not in a random order - by default, they are in order of shipping cost. If you want to order them by another method, then instructions are in the knowledge base HERE.
      Many thanks, Chris, I guess I have to re-enter the shipping charges for this to work?

Malcolm
      ¤ The world wide web needn't cost the earth
      ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
      ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

Comment

No - the perl change will simply change the order they are listed in in the drop down. They will change from being listed by shipping cost (cheapest first) to alphabetical.

Comment

Hi Guys

I've just added a few more shipping options to my site, and have come up against exactly this same problem. However, the options available (price or alphabetic, ascending or descending) don't do what I want - I want to be able to define any order I like for the entries in the drop-down list. Clearly this isn't possible without a major rework, so one possibility I thought of was to number each entry thus

1. (What I want to appear first)
          2. (What I want to appear 2nd)
          n. (What I want to appear last).

and then selecting the alphabetic ascending option. This would probably be OK but I'm finding that the field size for text in the drop-down box (and at data entry time) is a bit short to allow adequate description of the options.

So my questions are (1) will my number+alphabetic sort work OK and (2) can I increase the field size so that I can have a slightly wider description in the drop down box?

Regards

Nick
          Fighting with sellerdeck on http://www.nickdobsonwines.co.uk

Comment

Hi Nick,

To answer your questions:

(1). The sorting is only done by alphabetical order or total cost. Both can be achieved via ascending or descending

(2). The class dropdownlist box expands to fit the class name which can be upto 50 characters. But you can't go beyond this I'm afraid.

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
            X