Donation-style payment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donation-style payment

I am trying to set up a demo for a client who wants to take payments for items sold on eBay, without affecting the rest of the store. Customers should be able to enter an amount into the Quantity box and pay through the checkout.

In order to have this payment 'product' show the word "Amount: £" next to the quantity box, I have modified a template (Act_ProductLine_Payment2.html) with NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY commented out, and "Amount: £" and the quantity box coded in as follows: <INPUT TYPE=text NAME="Q_22" SIZE="4"> (NAME="Q_22" is modified to suit the product reference).

The demo is at http://clientzone.co.uk/acatalog/Pay...ay_item_2.html

This works fine apart from one thing - the quantity box will only accept whole numbers, so to pay £57.88, the customer has to enter 5788. Is there any way to get it to accept a decimal?

TIA

Malcolm
    ¤ The world wide web needn't cost the earth
    ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
    ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

You could try this. Set your product price to 1p and use the following code to input an amount and multiply it by 100. Since Actinic only lets you use 1 - 32767 as your amount you'll have a maximum price of £327 this way.

Code:
    <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME="Q_NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE" ID="Q_NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE" value="0">
    <INPUT TYPE=text NAME="AMT_NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE" SIZE="4" value="0"
    onchange="document.getElementById('Q_NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE').value=Math.ceil(this.value * 100);">
    Note: The Q_NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE above is much better than hard-coding the product ref.

You could also use 10p as theproduct price (just change the 100 to 10 above).

Norman

If this isn't good enough I have a set of patches that implements a true decimal price override. You can input any value and it's marked in red on the checkout. This isn't free so you'd have to contact me by e-mail if interested.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
      You could try this.

Norman

If this isn't good enough I have a set of patches that implements a true decimal price override. You can input any value and it's marked in red on the checkout. This isn't free so you'd have to contact me by e-mail if interested.
      Norman... you have a brain the size of a planet !!!!
      It works a treat, many thanks

Malcolm
      ¤ The world wide web needn't cost the earth
      ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
      ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X