Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Chrome and Actinic 7

Hi

I have been alerted to the fact that my Actinic 7 Site is not working correctly with Google Chrome.

When I try and add an item to the Basket, it doesnt add it.

It doesnt error, looks like it is adding it and then when you check the basket it has nothing in it.

Any Ideas where to start looking ?

The site works fine in IE and FireFox.

Thanks

The Site is www.pettag.co.uk if you want to try adding to the basket and can then maybe see the cause ? :-)

Giles

I can add items to cart and view cart etc on your site with no problems in Chrome 8.0.552.215

Comment

is it the old emptying basket issue when jumping from www to non www?

Comment

Hi

Thanks for your responses and so quick too :-)

I have tried it again with google chrome 8.0.552.215 and it looks like it only fails on the items where you have to type in details in fields before adding to the basket.

Other items that are just a quantity and add to basket button seem to work fine.

Therefore this is more intriguing !

So it cant be the emptying the basket trick this time :-( Must be the code used when it adds to the basket I suppose, maybe ?

Comment

I see it failing in Chrome on pages using Multiple Info prompts.

This is a V7 site using my old "Donationware" Multi Other Info. That code dates from 2003, long before Google Chrome was written. It looks like it was a V5 site when the Multi Other Info was first installed and later upgraded to V7.

I have to limit the number of prior versions of Actinic I can support for free and unfortunately (just like Actinic) I am no longer maintaining or developing any new code for V7 or earlier.

If staying with V7, all I can suggest is adding some browser sniffing code to your Product layouts, that if Chrome is detected, displays a message saying that the site needs a different browser in order to operate.

My Multi Other Info for V8 onwards works in Chrome and all other browsers.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Here's some code that will display a warning on your Multi Other Info products:
            Edit actinicore.js (in your Site folder). Look for the line:
            Code:
            function setotherinfo(pre, name, size, max) {
            Append the following immediately below it:
            Code:
              if (navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase().indexOf('chrome') > -1) 
            	{
            	document.write('<h2>Unfortunately, this product won\'t work with Google Chrome.  Please revisit using another browser.</h2>');
            	return;
            	}
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
            X