Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Card Fields

Hi-
    Some of my products are free with a variable monthly subscription. My business requires credit card details to be taken whether they have chosen a free product or not. In actinic if I choose a free product the credit card fields do not come up during checkout. Does anyone know of a means of forcing the credit card fields to come up whether any money is taken or not?

http://www.phone4u.co.uk/test/acatalog/

You could always make it 1p - obviously not Free - but very nearly!

Comment

Thanks but unfortunately we cant for legal reasons.

Comment

OK, just for fun, I took a look at this (note to self: get a life).

In Orderscript.pl, find this line:
        if ($nTotal > 0 && $$::g_pSetupBlob{'PRICES_DISPLAYED'}) # if their is money involed, display the payment panel

change $nTotal > 0 to $nTotal >= 0

this makes that part of the logic always true and is easy to change back if necessary.

I don't know when $$::g_pSetupBlob{'PRICES_DISPLAYED'} is set, so you may have to change the '&&' to '||' too. This also makes it easy to change back.

I have not tested this. Test carefully.
        Bob Ladden

Comment

Thanks Bob, I tried these changes but couldn’t see any difference – (not even any errors!). Do you think the '&&' change to '||' needs changing anywhere other than:
          if ($nTotal > 0 && $$::g_pSetupBlob{'PRICES_DISPLAYED'}) # if their is money involed, display the payment panel ?
          ajo

Comment

Look for all the occurances of $nTotal in Orderscript.pl. If it checks for 0, modify it. This could take a night of hacking.

Just to make sure, did you do a site update after you made the changes. It gets merged into os000001.pl.
            Bob Ladden

Comment

Please pardon my ignorance Bob, my programming knowledge is somewhat limited, how should I change this line?:
              my ($bPaymentHidden) = ($nTotal == 0 || !$$::g_pSetupBlob{'PRICES_DISPLAYED'});

The only other instance I found where $nTotal > 0 was:
              $nTotal > 0) # and there is something to show
              Which I changed to:
              $nTotal >= 0) # and there is something to show

ajo

Comment

Let's force this false.

my ($bPaymentHidden) = $::FALSE;

I was hoping this would be easier and the statements can stay almost the same.
                Bob Ladden

Comment

BINGO seems to work fine! Looking for errors but nothing so far – too good to be true - If it was to through up errors would they be fairly obvious?

Comment

Still working fine - Many thanks for your input!

Comment

*If at Current Address For Less Than 3 Years State Previous Address:

is this field really going to be long enough if I have to add in my previous address. I beleive that norman has a tip to make this a proper multi line text box.

I've just placed order AF78LZ10000015 and my only other comment would be that It would be nice to se £0.00 on the receipt page.

Comment

Thanks for observation on £0.00 value – sounds like you have an idea how this can be achieved?

Comment

There must be another check of $nTotal in the script. I haven't had a chance to look through it.
                          Bob Ladden

Comment

Working...
                          X