Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting to the Order table

Hi,

I'm trying to extract some information from the Actinic Order table in Access using an SQL query. I've connected to several other tables with no problems, and even connected to a copy I made of the Order table. However, when I try to connect to the Order table itself I keep getting an error. Unfortunatly I'm not very familiar with Access, is this table locked in some way to stop you connecting with it (it has the cc details in it), or is it another reason? Is it possible to connect with this table

Thanks for any help,

Regards

Paul

order is a reserved word in SQL so you have to alias the order table as something like orders to use it in SQL.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Doh! Thanks for that, I've been trying to figure that out for most of the day!

Much appreciated,

Paul

Comment

Well I've never used an alias before, so I've been trying to find information on it for the past few hours. I cant seem to get it to work, it seems it should be something like this:

SELECT * FROM Order As Orders

or

SELECT * FROM [Order] As Orders

But both of these are throwing up errors.

Could you give me an example?

Cheers,

Paul

Comment

SELECT Orders.*
          FROM [Order] AS ORDERS;

What are you trying to write SQL in? Eg Access, Crystal Reports, ISQL etc.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Jan, thanks for your help, I've managed to sort it out now with your help.

I'm developing using Microsoft Visual Basic .NET. I did a bit of COBOL and Pascal years ago, but am very new to sql, vb.net, Access etc. I'm finding it very usefull, though frustrating at times, I'm on a fair bit of a learning curve at the moment!

Paul

Comment

Sorry, double posted!

Comment

Working...
              X