Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I reduce the cell padding between the sections?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I reduce the cell padding between the sections?

I hope someone can help, this one has been annoying me for almost six years! How do I reduce the cell padding between the section links on the main shop page (not the index page, the shops main sections page). I have searched through the templates many many times but cannot find where it is set.

Many thanks in advance.
    Karen

Hi Karen, we will need to be able to see what you are seeing to help......

Comment

Thank you for your reply

I am changing the section pictures on the top level product page to enable a neater layout. However, when I do that it pushes the right-hand column right over to the right and you have to scroll across to see the whole page (see screen shot top corner).
      I want to decrease the cell padding/spacing between the pictures (cells in that particular table) but cannot find where I have to do that. Previously I used smaller pictures but really a width of 120 pixels should be OK, any smaller and you'll need a magnifying glass to see it

Kind Regards
      Karen
      Attached Files

Comment

Is there a URL we can view it on, image only shows us the problem, we need to see the underlying code to see the problem ideally.

Comment

Yep, here it is.

Cell padding seems to be set to 10 but I can't change it.

Kind Regards
          Karen

Comment

I can't direct you exactly because i've not worked on version 7 for about 40 years and simply can't remember exactly what you need to do, BUT, if you go into the template manager and look for something that is doing your 'section link layout' or indeed find out the name of the layout you are using for the section link layout and try to locate that, in there you should find the hard to find '10' cellpadding, the layout opens up with (shudders at the sight of v7 code):

<table width="250" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="10" border="0">

Comment

Ha ha ha, 40 years indeed. It may be a dinosaur, indeed it is, but I spent month modifying it when I set it up and I haven't got the time to start again with a newer version.

Anyway, I've searched through the templates extensively and can't find it. I know exactly WHAT I'm looking for, just can't see it.

Comment

Problem has now been solved. It wasn't the cell padding (that takes care of vertical spacing only) it was the width of each cell. For anyone else looking I found this in act_SectionLine.

Kind Regards
                Karen

Comment

Working...
                X