Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help re-installing

Hi
    yesterday my hard drive decided to do the unthinkable and died on me!! The IT guys have managed to save as much as possible off the hard drive and installed a new one for me. I have used my CD to re-install Actinic Ver 7 but am now lost as to how to get everything back on!! I assume I need to upload from the website but as I am not the designer/web person... I am at a total loss when I go through the upload wizard and it asks questions i do not understand and neither does the hardware and network IT guy!! Please please help, I have no access to my website, and do not know what orders have been placed (the email facility stopped working 6 months ago so I only get the sage receipt on email, not the order summery).

DEbi (lost Piskie in snowy Cornwall)

You cannot recover from the website.
    You need to install Actinic (the same version) as it seems you have done then you should import a snapshot of your site. If you do not have a snapshot then it can get more complicated - in that case you will need to copy over the complete site1 folder fom the recovered hard drive and then upload again.

Comment

No snapshot

Unfortunately I do not have a snapshot. How do I upload all the files? In simple terms please, with as much info as possible. Thanks

DEbi

Comment

First of all have you been able to recover all the files from the Site1 directory from the old hard drive?

Comment

Yep

As far as Im aware, I have all the files recovered.

Comment

The first step will be to install exactly the same version of Actinic v7 onto your new had drive.
            Do you know the specific version you were running? If not then post your URL and we may be able to see which it is.

Comment

If your site is www.croftytin.co.uk then you're using Actinic 7.0.7.0.0.0 HCFA.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Yes it is croftytin.

The CD I have is actinic ver 7

Comment

Don't use that - download v707 from the Actinic website here: http://www.actinic.co.uk/about/Registerv7.php4

Comment

Before doing anything else, make sure that you have an extra copy of that recovered Site1 folder on a separate storage medium.

Otherwise you're one slip on the keyboard away from losing everything.

Comment

Another thing we'll need to know is where you stored the images that you used for your Sections / Products, etc. If they were in My Documents, for example, you're going to need to recover these into the same place on the new drive as before.

Comment

Thanks for your help ... just one more thing.....

I have managed to re-install everything we found on the Hard drive and thankfully also retrieved all the images today. What doesnt seem to be on the last back-up from last week is the changes from PROTX to sagepay. Can anyone point me to the link for the upgrade we did for Ver 7 in sept of this year (I did it a bit late!!)

Thanks again
                        Debi (much happier Piskie in white snowy Cornwall)

Comment

Working...
                        X