quantity!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quantity!

im new here and wondering if anyone can help me, when i select 'quantity on product page' in the design options, it seems to move all my products down as if they were vertically aligned to the middle? my section lists are fine it just seems to be the products? it definatly only happens when i check this so can anyone give me any ideas how to fix it please? thankyou

Hmmm...

The only difference between 'Quantity on Product Page' and the other shopping modes is that it puts <form> tags around each product - and sometimes <form> tags can cause spaces. However, the <form> tags are between </tr> and <tr> tags so they shouldn't show up.

What customisations have you made to the product layout templates? Can you show us a URL?

Comment

its definatly that my boss said hes had problems with it before, have given up and put the quantity on each product instead. the url for the site is http://www.actiniconline.co.uk/maria...ia_garcia.html then if you click thru a section the products used to all jump down a little. as if the products were v aligned to the middle. as you can see i have only slightly edited the templates.

Comment

ts definatly that my boss said hes had problems with it before, have given up and put the quantity on each product instead.
        This sounds like you worked around the problem by using the 'Quantity on Product Page' shopping mode. However, earlier you said that the 'Quantity on Product Page' shopping mode is the thing that caused your products to move.

Please try and clarify the problem. Maybe you could attach a screenshot showing the differences in your product positioning.

Comment

no no, i was having problems with the check box in the design options, 'quantity on product page'. it was throwing all my products to the middle of the page. where you can type in the quantity manually.

so to get round this i added, manually the quantity on now as a drop down box, with options 1-5.

sorry my explainations are pretty pants!

Comment

my boss said hes had problems with it before
            That'll be me then.

Let me see if i can clarify for you cdicken.

When 'quantity on product page' is turned on, a large gap appears between the navigation buttons in the header, and the product bulk. If we turn it off again the gap goes.

Checking the source code shows nothing obvious that would cause the error, and if we copy it to dreamweaver then preview the page it looks fine.

sorry to hijack your thread Dee i'll make you some tea later

Comment

When Actinic builds product pages, it lays out all the products within a single product table. The code for the start and the end of the table is in Act_ProductBody.html. The product layout templates insert the rows into the table.

Now, with Internet Explorer, when there is any code between the table rows (i.e. after a </tr> tag but before the next <tr> tag) then it all gets laid out at the top of the table in one lump. What this means is that in your store, there is some code at the top of the template (above the first <tr>) or at the bottom of the template (after the last </tr>) that should not be there.

Could you please attach your default product layout template to this thread (you may need to change the extension to *.txt) and we'll take a look.

Comment

right i have got the source code for the product pages. if you need anything else give me a shout. not sure if this is what your asking for or not!
                Attached Files

Comment

Well, it shows me the error you are getting.

I've tested this in IE and it shows the large gap you describe. I have also tested it in Netspace and the large gap is not there. I'm convinced that IE is detecting the

</FORM>

that is between the product row and the separator row, and the

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.actiniconline.co.uk/cgi-bin/ca000052.pl" ><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="SID" VALUE="3">
                  <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="PAGE" VALUE="PRODUCT">
                  <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="PAGEFILENAME" VALUE="skincare_range.html">

that is between the separator row and the next product row. It is then dumping loads of space for these at the top of the product table. Why it's doing this is a mystery.

To fix it, you need to edit your product layout template. Try going to 'Design | Options | Layouts' and click the 'Edit' button next to 'Default Product Layout'.

Move

NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTFORMBEGIN

so it is after

NETQUOTEVAR:TEMPLATEBEGINXML

Then move

NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTFORMEND

so it is before

NETQUOTEVAR:TEMPLATEENDXML

Comment

right, have fixed it, i exported my site, upgraded to a business catalog on a different computer, then imported the snap shot from the other computer onto mine, fully refreshed the website, and hey presto its working! as if by magic! id love to take credit for it! but i cant! eihter rate it seems to have done the trick.

thanks for all your help! im sure ill prob need you again soon!

Comment

just to bring this thread back from the dead...

the problems happening again!

This is the site (www.ukshopability.co.uk)

i have a section, and a product using the 'description only' template, but as you can see, everything's been shoved half way down the page. if i remove the product then everything shows up fine.

I've edited the NETQUOTEVAR's as suggested above but with no joy.

heres the code for the text only template

<tr>
                      <td colspan="3" valign="top">
                      NETQUOTEVAR:TEMPLATEBEGINXML
                      NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTFORMBEGIN
                      <a name="NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTANCHOR"></a><span class="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTDESCRIPTION</span>
                      NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTFORMEND
                      NETQUOTEVAR:TEMPLATEENDXML
                      </td>
                      </tr>

i cant figure out what that would be adding to the pages that would shift them down the screen so much!

Comment

I've had a look at http://www.ukshopability.co.uk/acatalog/index.html and everything looks fine to me. What browser are you using?

The template code you included looks fine.

Comment

yeah i fixed it, the ACTSTDWIDTH was set too high meaning there was a rouge <HR> messing things up. ta anyway.

Comment

Working...
                          X