X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installation Problem

Hi,
    We are having a nightmare.
    Have V6 for current site and tried to install a new version of V6 for a new site today.
    Mistakenly clicked on V4 upgrade and subsequently did not work properly. It would not then let us upgrade V6!
    It was suggested that I uninstall Actinic and try to install from scratch. This worked initially but we could not import our Site 1 file (from a back up CD we made last week)
    Now after uninstalling, installing, importing etc etc, nothing works.
    When we try to install from scratch it comes up only with Upgrade V6.
    Now we don't have Actinic programmes on our computer at all and cannot therefore run the business...
    Any suggestions please?
    Carolyn

Since you are in a crisis I'll suggest something, but I have never done this and hopefully an expert can comment.

I suspect that Actinic is confused because of the upgrade data in the registry. Try this at your own risk. This is based on XP, but I think it is the same in Windows 2000 or NT.

Uninstall Actinic again.
    Click Start->Run and type in regedit. Click OK.
    Expand folder HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    Expand folder Software
    Right click folder Actinic and select delete.

It is possible that removing Actinic also removed these registry entries, so these instructions may not apply.

It's my best guess. Be careful not to disturb any other registry entries.
    Bob Ladden

Comment

Thanks Bob,

Before we try that we tried installing the upgrade and now the following error is coming up:

>>Actinic Ecommerce failed to open the database DSN=ActinicCatalog6.
      The database may be corrupt or the version may be newer than expected.
      This prevents Actinic Ecommerce working.

>>The error was:

>>Cannot open database '(unknown)'. It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt.
      Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed

It suggested to install MDAC which we did but that didn't help - the same error comes up when we try to open the programme.

Any suggestions as to what we should try now as this seems to be a different problem?

Carolyn

Comment

Make a backup of your site1 folder. Rename ActinicCatalog.mdb to somthing else. Then rename either Backup.mdb or Previous.mdb (whichever has the most recent timestamp) to ActinicCatalog.mdb.
        Bob Ladden

Comment

Thank you...thank you...thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It worked!

It looks now as if I only have to catch up on the work that was done since my last back up a week ago.

We would like to offer you £50.00 of Christmas gifts from our site as a token of our appreciation. Please email details of what you would like and we will do the rest.

Thanks again...
          Carolyn
          http://www.bust-ed.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X