Upgrading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading

I am thinking of upgrading to Catalog v10 (using offer) from my current v7.

I am using Vista 32 at moment, but as I am getting a new PC thought I would upg as well

I plan to use Phenom (extreme edition) 8Gb ram, and Win 7 (prob 64 bit)

Are there any issues I should look out for?

I will network the two PC's so data transfer not a problem..

Forgive me if this is stupid question, as I have a working site at moment and since my catalog is a hobby I don't have time o/s of my full time job to play a lot.

Nick

There's a specific thread for Windows 7 64 bit problems, have a look at that, should be easy to find using the search. Most of the problems were reported on 10.0.2, however 10.0.3 has just been released which is aimed to fix some of them, as to how many are actually fixed at the moment, we're not entirely sure, certainly 2 or 3 of the problems seem to still exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholas Harlow View Post
      I will network the two PC's so data transfer not a problem..
      Be careful!
      We upgraded one machine from XP to W7 and then found that the network never functioned correctly after that - the W7 machine could see the others, but couldn't read or write to them.
      XP machines could write to the W7 machine, but only now and again, like during a full moon etc.
      Spent hours searching for the solution and although there is much chat about it out there, there is no definitive solution; certainly not from Microsoft!
      We had to upgrade everything to W7 in the end.
      Kind Regards
      Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Working...
      X