Weird External CSS & Actinic incompatibility? :confused:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird External CSS & Actinic incompatibility? :confused:

I've been working on some changes to our site, i'm working on Act_Primary.html. I've consolidated the css into an external stylesheet as well as added some jquery javascript effects.

Before anyone suggests this, I will politely add that the javascript works fine and is NOT causing the error. (just to save time)

I've also compacted the database in a last ditch hope that it would suddenly fix it but I wasn't holding my breath.

Ok so heres the scenario...
    I'm previewing a single page which contains the changes, in this page I have my css code in the <head> section of the page. The preview shows up absolutely fine.

I then remove the css from the <head> and place it in an external stylesheet and link to it. When I preview the page I see two error messages in Actinic.
    1. "no error occourred", then I press OK to close. Immediately after I see
    2. "Error generating HTML pages", I then press OK again and the preview appears!

If I reverse my steps and remove the link to the external stylesheet and add the css in the <head> section again, the problem is gone.

If I change the name of the css file I am linking to to a different file, the error still occours. It does not look like an error with the particular external css.

What the hell is going on!?? ARRRGGHHH Actinic!

There is definitely a conflict with Actinic somehow, but where?
    Why am I getting this error if the page previews?
    Is there a limit on the number of external files linked to?

I'd prefer not to have the css in the <head> as there is lots of it, not to mention the loss of functionality from having it in the page instead of externally where 1 change can effect many pages.

Can anyone help with anything related to the CSS please? (I don't want to purge and refresh and keep my fingers crossed just to try it, my database is huge.)

Silly me.... I forgot about the @import trick and that actinic.css was already linked from the page!

For anyone else with this issue, use the following code if using more than one external stylesheet (actinic.css already exists in templates):

<link href="actinic.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
    <style type="text/css">
    @import url("http://www.mysite.com/other.css");
    </style>

this will solve the problem.

Comment

Working...
    X