Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

customizing the checkout/payment page

hi .

The site I'm developing, I'm keen to minimise the number of steps in the payment process.

Is it possible to customize the checkout template or the next template in the sequence, so that it contains a form which takes both customer and card details on one page.
    (I'd like to collect the details on my site rather than be routed to a payment provider secure page)

How is this done and what are the issues involved?
    Is there a limitation wrt. to the kinds of payment providers I can use, if so which ones?

thanks in advance,

Luka

Hi

You mentioned a PSP.

I have a paper visa/ mastercard account routed direct to me.

However I have been told by the bank that this may have to change due to a change in the law.

This is mainly as I have just Ltd and need a change of account, but I am in discussion on this.

If I applied new today I would not have this paper account. I would shop around and see what you can get, or speak to your accountant.

I agree a PSP would be a pain!

Does anyone else have experience of PSP's to add.

Can't advise with the other bits. I'm new to this too.
    Regards
    Chris
    ><)))'>
    chris@musiccorner.co.uk

www.musiccorner.co.uk

for music, instruments and all that jazz....

0800 328 5294.

Comment

all websites are now forced to use PSP's because Visa and Mastercard associations have threaten to fine merchants $5000 for each transaction taken as CNP over the internet, increasing by $5000 per month unless it's genuinely mail order and their trading name must be www.yourdomain.com for the merchant account. banks will also stop accepting CNP authorisations from March 1st, one or two german banks stopped taking CNP on January 1st.

Comment

Paul,

You've told me more in a few lines than the bank has in the last few phone calls.

I'll look into this more on Monday.
        Regards
        Chris
        ><)))'>
        chris@musiccorner.co.uk

www.musiccorner.co.uk

for music, instruments and all that jazz....

0800 328 5294.

Comment

Working...
        X