Urgent Help Needed Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgent Help Needed Please

Ive just totally finished my site and went to upload it..

half way through uploading the catalog files an error msg popped up saying "150 Opening ASCII mode date connection for file list" and to be honest that doenst make any sense at all to me..

then I clicked ok and

"An error occurred while writing to "acatalog" on the web site. The problem is probably due to permissions problems, but could be due to low disk space. Actinic Ecommerce can not work with these settings. Press Cancel if you would like to manually examine the permissions and disk space on the web site. Press Retry if you would like Actinic Ecommerce to attempt to change the permissions on the directory for you."

The server has lots fo space and the permissions were working fine before. I recently downloaded the latest patch, my version is 6.1.3, does this have anything to do with it? it was uploading perfectly before but since having the patch has just messed up!

This is quite urgent my boss wants the site up now!

Aby help would be greatly appreciated!
    ------------------------------
    www.yahuh.com/design

Try Advanced / Network Setup / Test. This will give some better diagnostic information.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Well that is working perfectly, according to that there are no problems.

I have just realised that when I upgraded to version 6.1.3 that it didnt work properly.. and said that I had to upgrade lots of files manually.

I think this is probably ther problem.. but I dont know what I have to do to upgrade the files manually.. there are hundreds of them!
      www.yahuh.com/design

Comment

There is an option on the advanced menu for manual uploading, (Advanced / Generate web site and Advanced / Generate Scripts) If you run these then you will be given instructions for manually uploading. If you use something like FTP Voyager to upload the files it shouldn't be too hard to do.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Ollie, did this work for you?

Ollie et al,

I've got exactly the same error message and my disk space is fine, too.

I've tested my network settings as advised by Norman and found that "the computer you specified as your mail servber is not a valid SMTP server..." (yet my emails are working fine??

Anyway, did Jan's solution work for you?

pls adivse.

rgds,

Chris
          chris buck
          marketing director
          achieve-fitness.co.uk

Comment

No it didn't.

I really think that its something to do with the actual software, as aposed to the webspace etc, as it was working fine, then I downloaded the 6.1.3 patch and its messed up! I didnt change any of the settings or even touch the webspace.
            www.yahuh.com/design

Comment

I don't think it will be to do with the template upgrade, but I have no idea what might be causing it.

You are going to need to have someone look at your snapshot and test your server. Can I suggest registering an email support request
              HERE and the team will get in touch with you to get hold of a snapshot.

Comment

Did you get this sorted?

I have had the same problem and wondered if you got this fixed.

I posted my problem at http://community.actinic.com/showthr...&threadid=4902

Comment

Glad to see you got an answer for this at http://community.actinic.com/showthr...&threadid=4902

Comment

Re: Urgent Help Needed Please

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ollie
                    [B]Ive just totally finished my site and went to upload it..

Press Retry if you would like Actinic Ecommerce to attempt to change the permissions on the directory for you."

As a matter of interest, did you try pressing Retry?
                    Mark

Comment

Pressing retry

Hi there

For info I did press retry but Actinic was unable to change permissions.

Phil

Comment

Working...
                      X