Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pages with errors NETQUOTEVAR:STOCKLEVEL

A few pages of the site have errors related to this line:

document.write(StockLevels(NETQUOTEVAR:STOCKLEVEL))

The error says... character 39 expected ")"

Here's an example

http://greenglass.org/acatalog/Goblets.html

Any light that could be shed on this would be TERRIFIC!!!!!!!

That line is appearing exactly as above in the generated HTML on your live site. You would expect a number to there instead of the NETQUOTEVAR.

This means that NETQUOTEVAR:STOCKLEVEL is not valid in the template you are using it in.

You seem to be calling this NETQUOTEVAR twice per product. Check that you havn't got it in one of your Product Variant templates, etc. It should only be in the Product Template.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

ok... any idea where I need to fix this? Would it be in the template files or via the product information dialogue box?

Comment

Do a search in your Site1 folder for all Act_*.html files that contain NETQUOTEVAR:STOCKLEVEL. It should only be in product layout templates (normally Act_ProductLine.html).

Also, it does not look as though you have included the 'StockLevel' function in the <HEAD> section of your overall layout template (normally Act_Primary.html). It will not work without this anyway.

Comment

Error still there

Hi All
          OK, this is the deal....I have search all file in the site1 directory for "STOCKLEVEL" and found none, BUT when I update the site the following Piece of code makes its way into every section that offers products with components "<script language="Javascript">
          </script>", my method is to update the website and then access these page online with dreamwaever delete these pieces code out. I would dearly like to know where this .... code comes from!! Originally I had the Patch from the AUG page 16, "Including Stock Level into Store Pages" applied to site1, but since I have Reversed Engineered this patch. But some how somewhere this code still finds its way in our site......Please Help Me.

Comment

Go into Design / Text and use the Search facility there to look for NETQUOTEVAR:STOCKLEVEL.

Norman

Comment

Did the search from design/text for "NETQUOTEVAR:STOCKLEVEL", nothing was found.

Bobby
              www.greenglass.com

Comment

If NETQUOTEVAR:STOCKLEVEL isn't in Design / Text and it's within no files in Site1 then it wouldn't be displayed.

Unless (remote possibility) you've included it within a NETQUOTEVAR:INCLUDE file or JavaScript file e.g. something.js. As these files are usually in Site1 you'd have found them by searching for the text "NETQUOTEVAR:STOCKLEVEL" as you say you've done.

Why not turn off Compacct HTML / CGI in Design / Options / Misc, preview a page and look in the page source (which will now be nicely commented) to see what template is responsible.

Norman

Comment

This is what I get when previewing with compact/html thing off...
                  I copied a section of the source, the line with "document.write(StockLevels(NETQUOTEVAR:STOCKLEVEL)) " generating a error.

<!-- This template is used for a product variant Add to Cart button table header. -->
                  <!-- VariantBtnTableHeader HTML end -->
                  <Actinic:TEMPLATE type="end" filename="C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6\Sites\Site1\Act_VariantBtnTableHeader.html"/><Actinic:TEMPLATE type="begin" filename="C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6\Sites\Site1\Act_VariantAttributeName.html"/>
                  <!-- VariantAttributeName HTML begin -->
                  <!-- This template is used for attribute name. -->

<span class="actxsmall">Style<script language="Javascript">
                  </script></span><br>

<!-- This template is used for attribute name. -->
                  <!-- VariantAttributeName HTML end -->

Thanks for your time on this, Bobby

Comment

Well that seems to either imply that it's in the Template Act_VariantAttributeName.html which I think you've discounted.

All that's left is that you've actually patched that HTML into the HTML for Name field of the Attribute. I'd open that product, double click each Attribute and see what's in there.

Norman

Comment

Well, I have search the whole Site1 directory for files containing "STOCKLEVEL" and have found none....So I pretty sure it's not coming from a template...In fact I searched the whole C; drive and only found two files containing "stocklevel", Stocklevel.rpt, Install.txt in Actinic Ecommerce v6 folder. So wonder if it is not some setting in actinic somewhere cause this html code to be generated?

Bobby

Comment

Did you open up an Attribute on a product where this mystery code is appearing and see if it's in the "HTML for Name" field?

Norman

Comment

We don't have any attributes, but we do have components, the"Html for name" is blank.

Comment

Wierd.

The sample of generated code you posted above seems to show that it's coming from Act_VariantAttributeName.html which is the template that's used whenever an Atribute name is displayed.

Norman

Comment

Ok, got, the code was in the Attribute Name template, strange that it did not show up in the search for files containing "stocklevel". Thanks a lot for your help.

Bobby

Comment

Working...
                              X