%20 in image address's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

%20 in image address's

small problem with a offline preview. When you view the generated pages in internet explorer the urls for the images contain "%20" where there should be a space, which prevents the images from showing up. I know this is a problem with the browser rather than actinic, but does anyone know a way around it? i've removed the spaces from the file names for the product images, but it's putting "%20" in the folder names too, and i cant really rename 'program files'

Spaces in filenames are a bad idea (as is mixed case) as you can never be sure how all the different browser versions, servers and operating systems out there will treat them.

As to the Preview HTML problem the images should show up regardless of spaces in the paths as %20 is a valid character in a file URL.

However the best place to keep your images is either in Site1 or (preferably) an images sub-folder of Site1. This way Actinic won't need any long path names to those images when previewing.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

the best place to keep your images is either in Site1 or (preferably) an images sub-folder of Site1
      yep, thats exactly what i've done. In the design - options - naviation setup all the paths are 'images/button1.jpg' and so on, and the product images are 'images/product1.jpg' however on the preview pages its using the full path to find the files, as in 'file:\\\C:\program files\actinic ecommerce v6\sites\site1\images\'

none of the image names have spaces or mixed case.

If i right click on an image in the preview html page and copy the URL, then paste it into the address bar, the image doesnt show up, but if i replace all the %20's with spaces it works just fine.

Comment

Ahah. I didn't realise you were talking about the Navigation images. I was thinking about Product images.

Some of the Themes use JavaScript rollovers for the navigation images. Perhaps these need the nav. images to be in Site1.

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X