Import duplicates - update or replace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import duplicates - update or replace?

We have a catalog of about 1000 items. Our company has custom product pricing for logged-in users.

That is, we give special prices on certain items to certain customers.

Each price is negotiated; it is not based on a discount percentage (which means we can't just apply one price schedule per ustomer and be done with it).

So we create a price schedule for each customer, then manually adjust the price for that customer in each product's price tab.

Here's the problem:

From time to time we need to update the product catalog. Our master catalog data is in a flat CSV file, which we import into Actinic as needed.

When I import (flat) with replace, I lose all my custom pricing. When I import with update, I get duplicate products.

How can I import with update without duplicating products?
    What triggers product duplication?

Thanks

What triggers product duplication?
    It sounds like you are automatically generating product reference numbers. This means Actinic will automatically assign a product reference number to each product you create/import - hence you get duplication.
    How can I import with update without duplicating products?
    Go to 'Business Settings | Options' and de-select 'Auto Generate Product References' and also select 'Hide Product Reference In Online Catalog'. Now, each product in your store will have a 'Reference' field. You need to enter these product references into your master speadsheet you are importing. Then the 'Update' feature of the import will successfully update your existing products.

Comment

Working...
    X