popups create error 404

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

popups create error 404

I have implimented a number of hand coded popups to provide additional info, in Actinic business.

When the catalogue is browsed by a general user (ie not an account holder) the pop ups work fine.

As soon as an account holder logs in and activates a popup, the result is a pop up box with error 404.

Anyone any ideas?

Post a URL and a test customer login and we can look and see what's happening.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Norman

I have found out what is happening, but I don't know a way around that's clean.

When you enter a catalog page in business without logging in all the pages appear in the acatalog sub directory from the server root.

When you log in as an account holder the pages appear to originate from the cgi-bin sub directory of the server root.

Hence the html pages which I have relatively linked do not have corresponding pages in the cgi-bin.

As a work around I have FTP uploaded the pages to the cgi-bin.

It would be nice if Actinic had a means of uploading "additional files" to both directories if requested.

Your probably wondering why don't I just absolutely address the HTML files. The reason is I debug the site on a laptop I have set up as a "local" webserver, but this doesn't have internet access, so if I absolutely addressed them I wouldn't be able to fully check out the site locally.

Comment

Have you tried "Use relative URL's in the cgi bin" accessed from Advcanced > Network Setup
        Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Gary

I tried using that on my local server, but it made no difference I still got error 404 when opening a popup when logged in.

I can't work out what that option is supposed to do.

Does it make any difference that the popups are created within javascript using document.write "etc.."

Comment

Since you've not posted that URL and login it's a bit hard to comment on what might be happening in code we can't see.

Some thoughts. Script generated pages should contain a <BASE HREF... tag> that points to your catalog pages e.g. <BASE HREF="http://mysite.com/acatalog/">. If your rollovers are in acatalog and you use relative addresses they should work.

Also you could alter your JavaScript to pick up the URL of the site and add in the path to acatalog. This would then create full URL's and make it work on both your test server and the live one.

Norman
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
            X