Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random Error 500 Messages

Hi,

We have been running a web site for many years on V7, over the past couple of months we have been experiencing random error 500 notices for no apparent reason.

The error happens at random moments when trying to go to the checkout. Certain combinations of products in the basket seem to cause these errors. We have 3 or 4 customer complaints a day regarding this issue and we are at a loss as to what is actually causing it.

I have tried numerous refreshes and I have even resorted to deleting the entire web site manually and then refreshing the entire site again. All to no avail.

Has anybody else ever experienced this and if so, did you find any solutions to the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

This is an error at the server end. Talk to your server people and see if they can let you have the servers error logs. These might tell a bit more about what's happening.

Also try adding many things to the Cart. There have been issues reported with large carts running out of server memory and / or Perl processing time. In this case your server people may be able to increase the limits they've set.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I'm guessing you're hosted with either Easyspace or Fasthosts in the absence of a URL? If i've guessed right amazing huh? Not really, I think that points to you needing to move away from what are/have been problematic hosts and have a name for themselves when hosting actinic sites.

If not either of those, like Norman says, contact your host to see if any ongoing problems, almost certain you will need some changes made to the server settings.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
        I'm guessing you're hosted with either Easyspace or Fasthosts in the absence of a URL?
        I think you might have guessed right Lee.

A Whois check of wsftackle.com gives:

Registrar of Record: Easyspace Ltd.

Assuming this is the website in question.
        Darren Guppy
        Golf Tee Warehouse
        Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

How dfid you find the domain name Clueso? (if in fact you have lol)

Comment

His profile lists a company name, which when googled brings up a non-actinic website but with a 'shop' link taking you to the above mentioned website, which is a V10 Actinic site so likely to be the correct site.
            Darren Guppy
            Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

No it's not that site, it is another one. I've been considering a server move for a while so I guess that is on the cards!

Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Perhaps it's:

highoctane-angling dot co dot uk (V7)
                or
                baitsdirect dot com (v7)

Just realised this is in the V7 forum so should have realised the URL I guessed at was wrong.
                Darren Guppy
                Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Originally posted by WSFMike View Post
                  No it's not that site, it is another one....
                  An URL of the site would help to save the guesswork and assumptions.

Comment

Working...
                  X