Drop downs not the same

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drop downs not the same

I have aet up everything the same and dont know why some are lined up and why some are not can someone look at this and give me an idea as to what I have done wrong

http://www.signcreation.net/acatalog/Banners.html
    Thanks
    Jesse

the first colum has 4 rows the other 3. They will aligned middle rathe than aligned top
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

yes i understand that part but the problem is every other item is in a line down not in columns

Comment

The reason every second item is different is that you are using a template that displays 2 products (probably one that displays the product image on different sides of the page on alternate ptroducts). You've only modified the first ones layout. Look in your product template and you'll see two sets of all the netquotevars. Go fix the second set to match the first.

Alternatively jus tdelete everything in your product template after

NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT

right down to just above the final lines

<!-- Insert HTML for the bottom of the individual product -->
        <!-- ProductLine HTML end -->

And all your products will now look the same (and you've only one layout to alter in the future).

Also I see you're using my Multiple Other Info Prompte patch. You can save some screen space by putting the Line1, Line2:, Line3, etc prompts on the same line as the text entry box. Just put a space after the sub-prompt in your Product details.

E.g.

"Line1 |Line2: |Line3: Line4: "

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thank you very very much that helped a great deal now it looks much better However is there a way to get all items to be alligned to the left like the even numbered items i have tried several layouts and none of those seem to do it

Thanks Jesse

Comment

Yes. Stop using one of these alternate layout templates that do 2 products. They're a relic from the early days of Actinic and (to my mind) are very old fashioned and make me seasick when scrolling down a page Give your customers a consistent layout and they'll be much happier.

Just use a template that lays out a single product. Or delete half of the one you're using as I described earlier. I actually said how to delete the second (even) one but it's roughly the same to delete the first one.

Norman

P.S. Sorry to niggle but I'd also lose that parchment background. It's really hard on the eyes and you won't find anything like that on any professional site nowadays.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
            X