Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upload timing out

I have suddenly developed an error when uploading my site

An error occurred while writing to "acatalog" on the web site. The problem is probably due to permissions problems, but could be due to low disk space. Actinic Ecommerce can not work with these settings. Press Cancel if you would like to manually examine the permissions and disk space on the web site. Press Retry if you would like Actinic Ecommerce to attempt to change the permissions on the directory for you.

The only thing that changed is that the FTP password was changed by my hosting company. FTPing works correctly but not with Actinic - any ideas?

I'd go to Advanced / Network Setup and run the Network Test that's there. This will give better diagnostic info.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Network test failed

Thanks Norman

I did this and got

An error occured while checking the FTP transfer mode -- The operation timed out
      Try using the other mode.

After about 30 secs.

I now FTP works properly though when uploading through my FTP client

Comment

OK. Go back into Advanced / Network Setup and see if the alternative setting for Use Passive FTP Transfers helps. I.e. check / uncheck it as appropriate.

There's also a check box for Ignore Passive Transfer Errors. Try checking this too.

Norman

Comment

Sorted!

As ever Norman - genius!

I unchecked use Passive FTP transfers and its fine.
          Although it has run OK with the box checked for a year........

Thanks a lot and a Merry Christmas!

Comment

Although it has run OK with the box checked for a year........
            Probably your hosting provider changed something and forget to tell their clients. Watch out for them changing it again. At least you'll know where to tinker if they do.

Norman

Comment

Working...
            X