What is Advanced --> Send Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have seen this question before but not a real percise answer. Is this a way to refresh the website without checking all the pages in the catalog?

Can I use this as an alternative to refreshing the website?

Generate Scripts, Generate Files and Send Files was the way the site html scripts etc were generated and then sent to the site in much older systems. I don't know why it is still included now.

If you need to just send a particular page then right clock on the section and select Publish Current Page. How large is your site, how long does the page checking take?

Comment

I have approx 2000 products if you include duplicates. The first 2 steps of a refresh (Checking catalog and checking HTML pages) takes about 25-35 minutes. If I could elimate this step using Advanced --> Send Files I would love it.

I just want to make sure If I use this step I am not taking a shortcut I will regret.

Does using Advanced --> Send Files upload all the necessary files and permissions necessary for the site to work properly?

Comment

Unfortunately not. To create these files the pages would still have to be checked. I also don't expect that this method uploading is supported or would work correctly. There are a lot of dependancies when generating a page for uploading, hemce the checking that goes on first. Have you tried to just publish the current page?

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
          Have you tried to just publish the current page?
          This is in the V7 section - thus publish the current page feature is not available. However if the upload/refresh is causing an issue it might be an idea to upgrade to V10 where the whole process has been speeded up and has the ability to upload just one page ie the current page.

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook View Post
            it might be an idea to upgrade to V10 where the whole process has been speeded up and has the ability to upload just one page ie the current page.
            My V10 sites are only small so I haven't tried it. But the same facility in V9 ain't a whole lot faster - it still runs the whole 'check' first and on my main V9 site it takes pretty much the same time.
            Paul
            Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Working...
            X