Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uninstall Problems with v7

Hi Chaps,

I have unfortunately been fighting a trojan on my site over the past couple of days, which affected my Acatalog v7. The tech help told me to uninstall and re-install, but I installed the latest incarnation of v7, which would not work with my snapshot. I was then told (just before they finished for the weekend) to uninstall and install the previous version, which they kindly sent me - the only problem is that my machine will not now uninstall it! I am getting the blue 'Wise Uninstall' screen stating:

Could not open INSTALL.LOG file

Could I please request your help!

Michael Clegg

Try installing the 'wrong' version again, reboot and then try uninstalling. Failing that try installing the older version on top of the 'wrong' one.

Comment

I agree with Duncan, if you cannot clear your system to allow install of the older version successfully, then definitely reinstall the wrong version and repeat the uninstall procedure, it sounds as though the uninstall procedure had some gremlins along the way. CCleaner is also a great product for clearing out any unwanted and unneeded files on your system, well worth giving that a try - http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/ - top right download latest version. Use that to cleanse both your system and your registry, making sure you take the option to backup your settings before it does anything.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingtiger View Post
        I installed the latest incarnation of v7, which would not work with my snapshot.
        The latest version is 7.0.7.

Originally posted by drounding View Post
        try installing the older version on top of the 'wrong' one.
        Do you know which one you need?

I remembered I'd seen it somewhere, and searched for "older versions":

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
        All older versions are available on: http://support.actinic.com/versions/
        Open the link then click "Version 7".

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Thanks Chaps.......I hate computers!

MJC

Comment

Working...
          X