upgrade from v4 to v6 - script error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upgrade from v4 to v6 - script error

We run with two machines - one for uploading the catalog and the other for processing orders.

We upgraded the site from V4 to V6 - both machines are
    on exactly the same versions and the site has been refreshed several times.

However, when attempting to download orders, the following message appears:

"The Server scripts are incompatible with this version of Actinic E-com. Refresh the web site.

if this error persists copy the perl scripts from the ORIGINAL SUBDIRECTORY and try again.

Server version 4 BASA Client Version 6 DHBA"

Unfortunately I do not know where the "original subdirectory" is. I looked into the CD and there are no perl files in there to copy.

I copied the perl files from one machine to the other, refreshed the web site but that did not work. I put them back and copied the files across the other way round but that did not work. I then copied the files that are on the server down to the order processing machine but the message would just not go away.

I also tried testing the perl files under help/ troubleshooting and both machines said there were no changes.

Please can someone help???!!!

Many thanks
    Ali

there is a folder within your V6 installation on your hard disk called ORIGINAL it is at the same level as site1. this is the folder that contains the perl scripts.

Comment

Whenever I encounter this problem I perform the following actions;

Go into the Site1 folder remove all the perl files i.e. .pl’s, .pm’s then copy all the original scripts (.pl's & .pm's) from the 'Original' folder and place them into your 'Site1' folder.

Ensure to carry out the same actions of removing the scripts only on the server where the files can be found in the 'cgi-bin' folder.

Hope this helps
      Thank You
      Menar Khan

Comment

Thank you for the help. Deleting old CGI, PM and PL files from the PC and the server did the trick. I also deleted the shipping and output pl files as per Actinic support's instructions.

All is well now but I thought I would make a note here, in case anyone else has the same problem and reads the thread.

Thanks agian.
        Ali

Comment

Working...
        X