upselling on the 'checkout' or 'cart' pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upselling on the 'checkout' or 'cart' pages

Before I look into this, I think a quick ask here is in order.

Is it feasible to put a link to an upsell item in the checkout or cart pages.

Specifically I want to tell people they can add things like 'extra packaging', 'gift wrap', 'greeting card', 'dont forget your batteries' or similar to the order.

Anyone done this?

andy
    Andy Warner

www.legendgames.co.uk - rpgs, boardgames, dice and other geeky stuff
    www.RPGMiniatures.com D&D and Star Wars Miniatures

Both running the Cart from Search Page hack

Also www.mainlymurder.co.uk www.thegamesplace.co.uk and www.thediceplace.co.uk

All running V8.5.2 Multisite on a windows 7 quad PC, augmented by Mole End automation, from a single shared database, using actinic specific hosting from Host-IT.

further idea....

Is it feasible to always have an item hardcoded into the cart with a quantity of zero, where people can select it if needed??????

andy
    Andy Warner

All running V8.5.2 Multisite on a windows 7 quad PC, augmented by Mole End automation, from a single shared database, using actinic specific hosting from Host-IT.

Comment

Hi there,

This cannot be acheived within the box standard software, what you can do is perhaps have a prompt offering 'extra services' so customers can simply type the required service into the prompt field.
      This can be activated using the user definable field in Design |Text | Website(cont)|General Info tab or any other unused 'Definable field.

OR

Maybe hard-coded link(s) to the specific add on product(s).

Hope this helps
      Thank You
      Menar Khan

Comment

not quite the idea

yeah... but the idea is to charge for the service and thus get people to go to a 'product' which is extra packaging, batteries etc.

I think I will add a link to the 'services' section in the cart.

now here is another related question....

when a punter adds an item and goes to the cart, WHEN is the item actually put in the cart and LOCKED IN??? i.e. is it done before the page displays or after they hit 'continue' etc??

I assume its already in the cart before they get to the cart page, thus it doesnt matter where they go from teh cart page.

make sense? well, at 9.30 it is early!

andy
        Andy Warner

Comment

Once customers add to basket a session file is created which also creates a cookie file on the customers pc, therefore when a customer is on any checkout phase, and click on your link to add extra products the cookie file will still remember the cart content and add extra item to the cart.
          Thank You
          Menar Khan

Comment

thanks

Thats what I thought. thanks for confirmation.

andy
            www.legendgames.co.uk
            Andy Warner

Comment

Working...
            X