Remove Contact us Form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove Contact us Form

I dont use the contact form generated by Actinic and it has become a real hassle with spam. If I simply delete mf000013.pl & mail_form.html will it have a negative effect on other functions I do use.

For example, will customers still receive their order confirmation emails?

Yes, you can safely delete the mailform script. The mailform script is only used for mailing the customer form. All other emails go via a different script.

I'm not sure I'd delete the mail_form.html as I'm not sure what it's doing. The better thing to do would be to edit the relevant page (contact us?) so that it has other contact details than the contact form.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Email Spam in V&

I recently had the same problem, over 2000 spam emails in two hours.
      I had to take my site down for a week to sort it out.
      I have now written a set of files that incorperate a "Captcha" system.
      I have removed the Actinic navigation bar "contact us" and placed a "Contact Us" tab on the front page. I am in the process of refining these files to make them more secure. They are written in PHP which is a server side scripting language and cannot be seen on the client computer when they "view source"
      Check out what I have done on my site www.sportique.co.uk and I would be happy to help in solving this issue completely.
      Paul kelly

Comment

Spam via mf000002.pl

Seems someone has started using the Actinic Contact us page for spam sending. Could do with your solution Paul Kelly.

Comment

Same problem with a clients' site. I got him to change the script ID to 2 first, and while that held off the spammer(s) for a few days, they soon cottoned on to the new URL. I've now deleted mf000002.pl, but of course Actinic will restore it at the next upload.

It's years since I've worked in v7 Can anyone rmember how to remove the contact button from NETQUOTEVAR:HEADERGUIDE?

Malcolm
          ¤ The world wide web needn't cost the earth
          ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
          ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

Comment

OK, got it, I was looking in the wrong primary template

Malcolm
            ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
            ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

Comment

If anyone else is having this problem then we have a plugin in development (not available online yet) for replacing the existing Contact Form in Actinic for a PHP based email form, with optional captcha, which allows you to switch between Actinic's standard Contact form and a PHP captcha form simply by choosing a true/false flag in the site options.
              If you're interested then drop me an email.
              Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
              Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
              SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Originally posted by JISE View Post
                Seems someone has started using the Actinic Contact us page for spam sending. Could do with your solution Paul Kelly.
                Drop me an email to paul@pakelly.com and i wil send you what i have so far, Stuggling with a Javascript piece at the moment to set a cookie to stop access outside of the site. Since I added my files I have had no problems and I have had a number of contacts through the "system" so it works OK.
                paul Kelly

Comment

You need to remove the Contact Us Tab from the navigation bar, this is what the spammers latch onto, they have automatic bots that look for a Contact Us tab on any site then hijack the form. To remove the tab goto
                  Design
                  Options
                  Navigation
                  Then delete the Contact Us anotation and then the two image tags adjacent to it, then click apply.
                  Upload you site directly afterwards. The Contact Us tab will not be there now.
                  Be sure to take a site snapshot before doing any of this just in case you mess up.

Paul Kelly

Comment

Contact Us page

I have decided to try to leave the Contact Us page without a captcha. (Mostly because I find I have to click the refresh a number of times before being able to at least guess the text.)

What I have attempted is to move the script ID to another number and then alter the mf00000x.pl.

The line to alter is:
                    $sTextMailBody = ACTINIC::GetPhrase(-1, 2379) . "\r\n\r\n" . $sTextMailBody;

Replace with:
                    $sTextMailBody = "Thank you for your email. You will receive a reply shortly.\r\n\r\nRegards,\r\n\r\nMy Company Name";

What this does is to stop the message entered in the contact us page being sent back to the sender. In other words: stops the spam being sent through the contact us auto reply.

Comment

I've had terrible spam problems, any idea when the plugin is ready or is there already a place to download it from?

Thanks.
                      Michael Goodwin

Comment

I sometimes install a PHP form and put it in an iframe in a fragment, you can see one at http://www.hixsons.co.uk/acatalog/jo...ling_list.html, it's called Mailcode (http://www.myphpscripts.net). It's not ideal but it does the job.

Malcolm
                        ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
                        ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                        X