Image link using Javascript popup for version 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Image link using Javascript popup for version 3

I have version 3 of the Actinic Calatog SW. I am trying to add a javascriipt popup. It seems version 3 cannot have javascript popup as it does not have the option of Advanced create Custom Properties as does version 4 I presume.

Am I correct in this or is there a way to tweek version 3 in allowing javascript popups as described in the version4 Advance manual?

Hi there.

I do not believe that there is a way of doing javascript popups in V3. I tried attaching the V3 advanced user guide, but it is too big. I have uploaded it to Here

Please note that we no longer support it, but I hope you find it useful.
    Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

I don't have V3 so I'm guessing somewhat but try this (it won't hurt to try). It won't give you a clickable image but a text link instead (or you could have a More Info image or button).

You can embed your own HTML in the product description by enclosing it in !!< and >!!

E.g The following !!< <font color=red> >!! is red !!< </font> >!! and now this is normal.

If that worked then you can use the same method to add your popup code.

E.g. !!< <a href="javascriptopUp('http://www.mypopup.com')">Click here for more info</a> >!!

For other products you just paste in the above replacing www.mypopup.com as appropriate.

You still need to put that little bit of JavaScript into Act_primary.html as per the advanced guide:-

To do this, open up Act_Primary.html ('Primary' button in the 'Main'
      tab of Template Manager) and insert the following code somewhere within the
      <HEAD></HEAD> tags:
      Code:
      <script language="JavaScript">
      <!--// beginning of Javascript script
      function popUp(url) {
      window.open(url, 'newwindow', 'width=620,height=510,menubar=off,directories=off,toolbar=off');
      }
      // end of script -->
      </script>
      Norman
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
      X