Question about Template Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Template Design

I am currently building a site using the clean Layout06 Theme. There are some products that are going to have alot of similar items on one page using a single image at the top. I have made the top prodcut not-sellable and used it to put all the extended information. Below that I have chosen the "no image, layout in rows" format. This is working pretty well, but I would like to condense the rows even more. It still seems there is alot of unnecessary white space in the rows. What is the best way to get all the information to 1 line, for ex.

Ref # DESCRIPTION PRICE QTY

I have tried looking in the templete manager, but am not sure what or where to edit. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Jonathan

The template to fiddle with is Act_ProductLineTable.html (in Site1). Copy this to a new file name and edit that new file, which you can then use as the default template for these type of sections.

Basically if you delete all occurences of "<br>" (the HTML code for a new line) you will get a very compact single line.

It might be better for testing to temporarily replace the first <br> with (1), the second with (2), etc. This way you'll see where these breaks appear on your page and this might help you understand the layout better.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Norman,

Thanks for your reply. I am working on trying to learn HTML, with everthing else too. I was able to follow the instructions for norcascade, and it works great! I would recommend it to anyone. As soon as our site goes live I will send you a link to check it out.

Thanks again,

Jonathan

Comment

Working...
      X