Multiple Users for Order Processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Users for Order Processing

I have Actinic installed on a computer for administrating a website that takes orders. I'd like to install it on some other computers so other people can process the orders, but not alter the website. How do I do this?

It is not possible to do the order processing on more than one machine with Actinic. However, there are some other options available to you:

1) Use Actinic Link to transfer orders into Sage Line 50 or QuickBooks Pro/Premiere - two applications that can be used by multiple users. You need Actinic Business to support integration with Actinic Link.

2) Mole End Software (http://www.mole-end.biz/) have an integration for dealing with orders outside Actinic called 'Quick Orders for Actinic' - I don't know whether this is multi-user though.

Comment

or he could buy order manager

http://www.actinic.co.uk/products/orderman.htm

we sell them chris

www.harlequindomains.com

(does the main site HAVE to be developed in developer?)

Comment

2) Mole End Software (http://www.mole-end.biz/) have an integration for dealing with orders outside Actinic called 'Quick Orders for Actinic' - I don't know whether this is multi-user though.
        The current version only works on the same machine as Actinic however we are working on version 3 which will be multimachine and multisite. This should be available in the summer.

Steve : Order manager won't work for in this case because it is really just a cut down version of catalog and this person wants to find a multi-machine version of catalog.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

(does the main site HAVE to be developed in developer?)
          No, but if you are using Catalog or Business you can use the same key on both the upload and download machines. Developer is a per-machine license, so it is only Developer where you need a different license if you are dowloading orders onto a second PC - this is why Order Manager came about.

Comment

No, but if you are using Catalog or Business you can use the same key on both the upload and download machines.
            so really this guy CAN use the same key on two machines, one for uploads (which CAN download) and another seperate one for downloads? I know this is not multi user.....but its two..

and anyway, order manager at £150 a time would sort it out any other download users he needed, wouldnt it...

steve

Comment

wouldnt it...
              No, because you can only download orders onto a single Actinic installation.

Comment

ok, no worries

just to confirm adam, you can have order manager @ approx £150 +vat for each extra machine you would like to be able to download orders, the only issues i forsee is that you will not get a copy of all orders on all machines:

if machine A downloads orders 1,2,3

machine B downloads orders 4,5,6

machine C downloads 7,8,9....

then machine A downloads again, its orders will go 1,2,3,10,11....etc...same for other machines.

Until actinic allows a 'Merge Orders' option when importing snapshots rather than just 'overwrite exitsing ones or not' i think it would be difficult to assemble all orders on one machine for reports etc although you may not need this.

anyway, forgive me if i got the wrong end of the stick, i have been off the forums for a month or so !

all the best

steve q.

ps Chris, Can we have a 'Merge Orders Option?'

Comment

Another option would be to send the paper work out to the people that need to work on them, you could do this with my automation mole (see http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/One...utomation.html for more details and a free trial).

An easy way to provide the same set of orders to multiple sites (or order managers as Steve says) is to copy the order files from the main website to local or fake web sites before downloaded them from the main website they can be then downloaded by the various users, there would be no way of propogating the changes by the people processing the orders though.

Regards,
                  Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                  Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                  A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                  Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                  Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                  Multichannel order processing
                  Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks for all of the info.

Comment

Working...
                    X