Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Associated Product Stock Levels

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to put restrict the order qty of an item when its an associated prodcuct. For example we have product 123 in one section with the order qty set to 5 and the same product in another section using components. The problem is when someone orders using the assoicated product the max qty is ignored and we then end up selling stock we dont have :-(

Thanks in advance
    Liam

You are correct. I will report this as a problem to the development team.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
      You are correct. I will report this as a problem to the development team.
      Thanks Chris, its nice to know its not me going mad - not that anyone in the office will belive it, lol!

On a different note, any ideas if a patch will be released or will it be incorporated in to version 7?

Cheers
      Liam

Comment

I will push for this to be included in the next major release - due later this year.

Comment

Just an indea but when an associated product is added to the basket the cgi scripts handle the retriving of pricing info, name etc? If this is the case would it be possible to take the code that does the qty check on "normal" products and add this to the relevent section of the associated product script? Not a pearl programmer so could be talking utter rubbish but with a bit of luck it will provide someone who is with some inspiration, lol!

Many Thanks
          Liam

Comment

Working...
          X