Sage to Actinic Link - Discount Import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sage to Actinic Link - Discount Import

I am using developer 6.0.2 and the latest version of Actinic Link for Sage Line 50.

We have no problem importing customers and their individual discount structures however we have a policy of offering invoice value discounts to certain customers eg if the order value is over £750.00 plus VAT 1% and if over £1000 plus VAT 2% discount.

Unfortunately this does not import to actinic. I get an error message in the Link module saying that 'Invoice Value' Discounts is not supported for customer ?????. I have to clear this dialog box for each user.

When I import orders in to sage the discount is applied but we then have an order value which differs from the one shown on the web to the customer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Paul,

In Actinic how did you set up the 1 and 2% order value discounts?

It may be and idea to upgrade to the latest version- is the site heavilly customised?. In 6.1.3 there is a discount function that allows you to easily set up the order value discounts.
    I set up a default store using your discounts. I could import the discounted orders error free into Sage. The discount is shown as a separate order line with the negative value.
    Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Thanks for that reply.

The discounts are set up in sage line 50 as we do all our work in sage where possible.

The problem seems to be that the discount structure is not imported through the module. The message stating the order value discounts is not supported happens when the link module is generating the csv file not when the csv file is imported to Actinic developer.

I did upgade to the latest sage link to see if the new version of link supports this but it made no difference. If anyone is sure that upgrading Developer to the latest version would make the link module work correctly I will try that but I thought the two pieces of software functioned independently.

We would prefer not to set up discount structures in actinic stores as that would involve a great deal of duplication which is what we hoped to avoid by using the link module.

We would upgrade to the latest version of developer however we do have problems with our customisation and reproducing this every time we upgrade. We will upgrade if there are features that would be of particular use to us.

Thanks again for your reply. I hope the above helps. and would welcome any further reply

Paul

Comment

I take it you set up the discounts in Settings | Customer Defaults | Discounts?

I get the same error:

in Discount data processor; 'Invoice value' discounts is not supported for the user 'ACTINTES'. This setting is omitted.

I've sent development a quick email to see if we can get past this error.

BTW the Discount function in 6.1.3 changes the invoice discounts globally so very quick and easy.
        Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Thanks Toby.

You are absolutely right about how we created discounts. Unfortunately we do not apply this to all customers only high volume purchasers buying on account so we would still need to adjust individual customers.

Is there a way of applying a reverse discount (ie credit card surcharge ) of 1.5% depending on method of payment selected.

Regards

Comment

Is there a way of applying a reverse discount (ie credit card surcharge ) of 1.5% depending on method of payment selected.
            I'm afraid not Paul. It’s been discussed a bit on the community (search for "surcharge") and added to the wish list for a future release. I will add it again.
            Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Hi Paul,

Sage invoice value discounts are not supported with the current version of Link. A V7 compatible Link version will be expected to support this.

Credit card surcharges and payment method discounts will included in V7
              Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Working...
              X