HTML clutter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HTML clutter

There seems to be a lot of clutter in the HTML templates in Actinic which can't be good for search engine optimisation.

I have deleted some of the notes and tried to keep things tidy but there are a lot of lines that may or may not be useful, such as:

<Actinic:TEMPLATE type="begin" filename="C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6\Sites\Site1\Act_Header.html"/>
    Will Actinic work without these? Is it to help in the editing or do these lines actually do something to the page?

Many thanks
    Ali

Go to Design / Options / Miscellanous and check Compact HTML/CGI and they'll all be gone.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I tried that but did not like the way that all lines / returns were removed. However, I did notice that in the preview pages, the above line did indeed disappear. Presumably this confirms that it is not required - or does it?

Many thanks
      Ali

Comment

I tried that but did not like the way that all lines / returns were removed.
        But your customers will (especially all those on dial-up modems) as your pages will be at least half the size and will thus load much faster.

Some of those <Actinic...> tags are used by the Perl scripts (which are unavailable on Preview pages) so lopping them out may break your site. The one you refer to is, I think, used by the Dreamweaver Extension that integrated DW with Actinic.

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X