Images not in acatalog folder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Images not in acatalog folder

I keep getting an error message when uploading or backing up a Catalog v6 store I'm working on at present - "The HTML templates specify source files (with "SRC=" commands) that reside in directories other than the acatalog directory on the web site....".

I'm searching the templates for references other than the straightforward "xxxxx.gif" or "xxxxx.jpg" and I've found a reference to a file "/pgraphics/planetpaymentlogo.gif" in the Act_PlanetPaymentError.html template, which is a possible cause of the error.

Does anyone have a url for Planet so that I can save the relevant graphic?

Come to that, has anyone else had this problem?

TIA

Malcolm
    ¤ The world wide web needn't cost the earth
    ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
    ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

I used to have this problem quite a lot, but I largely got around it by restricting all references in the templates to either

1) Fully qualified URLs
    2) References to images in the Site1 folder.

Try copying your planetpaymentlogo.gif graphic into Site1 and changing the reference in your templates.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, Chris.

As no OCC providers or PSPs are being used, I simply referenced "/shim.gif" instead of "/pgraphics/planetpaymentlogo.gif" , but it made no difference. I also did the same in the file that follows it, Act_PlanetPaymentOK.html.

I have searched every file in Site1, using the term "src", and they're all OK, apart from the ones in PreviewHTML, where they use image references like "../sections2.gif", in the file Basic_Products.html, for example.

That wouldn't generate an error during upload or backup, would it?

Malcolm
      ¤ The world wide web needn't cost the earth
      ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
      ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

Comment

That wouldn't generate an error during upload or backup, would it?

No - the files in 'PreviewHTML' are simply referencing the images files that are in the 'Site1' folder - one level above it.

Have you hard-coded any links to HTML pages or images that are in other folders on your website. THe most common way that this can happen is links in the brochure home page that point to images within the 'acatalog' folder online.

You should just be able to put the filename in (without any path name) and Actinic will take care of the correct links when it parses the home page file before upload.

Comment

Working...
        X