Price structures and discounting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price structures and discounting

I am new to the forum and Actinic software, I have come cross a major pricing problem which I can not see round. Love some help.

I saw Jan's Buy two get one free/quantity discounting which should solve half the problem.

However, I am selling products which relate to the growing season, I have 5 delivery windows (April, May, June, July, August) which have become my sections. Within each section there are various products available (some products can be available in more than one delivery window however usually a different name). What I want to encourage my customers to do is to buy more than 1 product at each delivery window hence Jan's discounting but I want to distinguish between delivery windows.

For example buy 3 packs in April will receive a discount (3 packs in one delivery window), however buying 1 pack from April, May, and June will not have a discount as it equates to 1 pack for each delivery window.

The product packs at the moment are all the same price, pricing structure £14 for 1, £25 for 2, £36 for 3. This may change. Pack price currently includes P&P.

Is this possible, any help I would be truly grateful, regards Mash
    Mash

If you create a hidden product for each growing season and then link the plants in each season to the appropriate hidden product price rather than linking them all to the same one then it should work nicely.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I see what you mean, however, would that enable a customer to gain a discount if they order 2 packs of plants in the May delivery window plus 1 pack in June. The price to the customer would be then £25 + £14 therefore total cost of £39.

If that is the case it would make my day.

Thanks Mash
      Mash

Comment

It should do - the quantity price breaks only come into play if enough of the correct product are ordered so it should work exactly like that. Try it and tell us if it works

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Excellent. Intend to work on this on Thursday / Friday so hopefully will be able to post answer then.

Thank you so much. Mash
          Mash

Comment

I am stuggling with this at the moment hence no more information, is there away of seeing if it works without up loading to the site. I currently coming up against the "The link you selected would normally run a CGI script." warning therefore unable to check if it is works.
            Mash

Comment

The only way that I know of to do this is to publish to a local web server but I find them quite difficult to set up - it's all in the advanced user guide though.

Comment

I've tried it out here, and it worked. This is what I did.

I created a 2 hidden products :

Spring Price with prices of 35 for 1 and 20 for 2 or more
                Summer Price with prices of 35 for 1 and 20 for 2 or more

I created 2 products:
                Sprint Plant, with a component of Spring plant associated to the Spring Price product
                Summer Plant, with a component of Summar plant associated to the Summer Price product

I uploaded to my local web server and added 1 spring plant and 1 summer plant to my cart.

I then click on view basket, the price was £35.

I added another spring plant into my basket and clicked on view basket and the price was £20 for each of the spring plants and £35 for the summer plant.

I then added another summer plant into my basket and the price (on view basket) went to £20 for all of them.

Things to watch our for :

1) When you create a new product you do not seem to be able to add in the price break data unless you close the product and open it again.
                2) Make sure that you set the price details to 'Sum of components' for the linked products (the Spring and Summer plants in my case), it's on the component tab in advanced.
                3) The price when you add to the basket is only correct if you have already exceeded the price break quantity (ie. it will show the wrong price when you add the second but the correct price when you add the third). This is not a bug apparently, it is 'working as designed'. The view basket price is always correct.

Hope this helps,

Jan

Comment

Jan indeed you are right, I uploaded my site to a test location and it works, fantastic news I was over the moon. so thank you for your guidance.

Wish list, to be able to cope with different product at different prices, it would be useful to offer this discounting price schedule as percentages. So if you by 1 pack full price, second 5 % off each pack price (which may be different), third or more 10 %. instead of setting actual prices.

That is a wish, as it is very happy with the outcome except the script error in the new thread! Once again thank you. Mash
                  Mash

Comment

I'll second that wish list request, I wanted to set a percentage discount rather than use actual prices as well.

Glad it worked Mash.

Regards,

Comment

Certainly a logical step.
                      Mash

Comment

Thanks - these have been added to the wishlist.

Comment

Hiding Components in the 'Shopping Basket'

I have noticed that using this method for achieving a discounted price relating to quantity that in the 'Shopping Basket' screens for each product the components are shown.

For example: If you bought an April Allium Selection pack the shopping basket will show two lines the Product name (April Allium Selection) and the component name (Pack Price) with the relevant quantity allocated against them and a single price.

I know on the component form there is a check box to show the 'Component As Separate Order Line', this is not check however it is still shown on the 'Shopping Basket'.

What I would like to see is just the product name, quantity and correct price made up from it components.

Is this possible.

Regards Mash
                          Mash

Comment

I'm afraid the component details will always appear underneath the main product details in the shopping cart. There is not any way at the moment to turn them off.

Comment

Can you set the font colour for this text to the background colour so when view the discription is invisible!

Mash
                              Mash

Comment

Working...
                              X