Back up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back up

I am having a problem backing up I need to reformat my hard drive and dont want to loose any of my catalog how can i do this

Hi Jesse,
    Open up Actinic and click file/snapshot/export site.
    follow the instructions to back up your site. Save it somewhere that you will be able to find it. Once completed if you have a cd burner, burn the "Your site.acd" file to a cd. Make sure you install the same version of Actinic (eg: 6.1.2 or 6.1.3) before you import the snapshot back into actinic.

Cheers,

Mitch
    Jacys Computer Supplies
    Web: http://www.jacyscomputers.com.au
    email: sales@jacyscomputers.com.au

Comment

I personally would not rely solely on a snapshot.

you need to have a copy of site1

Comment

And it's also very important to copy the info in Housekeeping / Security to a text file and get that off your system before you reformat. This info is held in the registry and not Site1.

That bit of info and the entire Site1 (plus any images, etc you keep outside of Site1) should be all you need to duplicate catalog on another system.

You can then rebuild by installing Actinic, patching it to the same level as before, copying Site1 into the new system and finally restoring the Housekeeping / Security info from the textfile you made a little earlier.

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X