Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uploading Videos to Website

HI

Is there any way we can upload videos to our website through actinic??

Thanks
    Cmrts

Uploading them from within Actinic is simple enough using the Additional Files ability, where you can upload any file into the acatlog folder that Actinic can not understand it needs to upload itself.

You would then connect to the video and display depending on the file format and the like etc.

Comment

You might also consider uploading your videos to YouTube and then embed them into a fragment. Could save you a lot of bandwidth and give your video increased exposure.

Comment

Originally posted by I-CC View Post
        Uploading them from within Actinic is simple enough using the Additional Files ability, where you can upload any file into the acatlog folder that Actinic can not understand it needs to upload itself.

You would then connect to the video and display depending on the file format and the like etc.
        Ok so we have got the video file into the additional files... Where do we go from here ?

Comment

Use youtube and just embed the code that youtube provide you with for free into a fragment. So much easier than what you are doing and the big pluses are you don't need to learn much to do it, the world knows about youtube, it uses youtube bandwidth not yours, it will work on all platforms and your uploads and snapshot times are not affected badly.

When you know what you are doing, youtube is still the best and right choice, when you're not sure, it's even more so what you should be doing.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
            Use youtube and just embed the code that youtube provide you with for free into a fragment. So much easier than what you are doing and the big pluses are you don't need to learn much to do it, the world knows about youtube, it uses youtube bandwidth not yours, it will work on all platforms and your uploads and snapshot times are not affected badly.

When you know what you are doing, youtube is still the best and right choice, when you're not sure, it's even more so what you should be doing.
            We have tried the embed video from YouTube but when we copy the embed code into Actinic and run the website update all it shows is the code. This is why we are trying to get the additional files function to work.... Can anyone help please ?

Comment

To embed YouTube in a fragment...

Here's an example:
              Create a new fragment and in the description place the following:

Code:
              Here's my YouTube video:
              !!<
              <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/raX4DoPnpI4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
              >!!

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Rounding View Post
                To embed YouTube in a fragment...

Here's an example:
                Create a new fragment and in the description place the following:

Code:
                Here's my YouTube video:
                !!<
                <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/raX4DoPnpI4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                >!!
                Hats off to you Duncan you won't believe how much your guidence on these threads has helped with my site over the years.

Cheers

Comment

We have been embedding videos as an object on the page within Actinic for a while now, with the videos sitting on our own (fairly small) dedicated server. We are now going to move them over to YouTube, and embed them back in our Actinic pages.

I agree with all of Duncan's points, and would add that since YouTube streams the video files, they should run more quickly than they do from our server, where there is generally a 5 second delay while the browser buffers; in addition, if you upload full DV quality to YouTube, they then create three video streams, 240, 360 and 480 (lines I think) which gives your audience a choice of video quality, depending on the speed of their connection. If you upload the video in High Definition, you can also get video streams at 720 and 1080.

Hendrik

Comment

Working...
                  X