Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues with V7 - V6 Compatibilities

Hi all

Firstly, let me apologise as I have a right headache of a situation and hopefully somebody can give me some help, I have already tried everything else I can think of............

I had V7 Catalog, it was working fine and I have had it for years (http://ridethehill.com/acatalog/ShopIndex.html)

Recently my laptop that I used for Actinic died, the hard-drive was fine but I wasn't able to power it up anymore (motherboard I think) so I have purhased a new laptop. I tried to install V7 again but it stopped at 98% due to an error on the disc I have, fortunately I still have V6 so installed that instead.

As the laptop died randomly, I do have a backed up database (and all the site data from the old hard-drive) but I do not have a Snapshot to use.

After some issues with the uploading of the site (after replacing V6's Site1 with my one from the old drive) I managed to get it to start "sending", I did have to delete the cgi-bin data and acatalog data through my ftp first however.

Now, when "sending", I get a message saying - "A server error occurred while attempting to merge server files. 500 - Internal Server Error" - The same is said when I generate website. There seems to be no major issues with the scripting and the both the website settings and connection settings work fine.....

What does this mean and how do I go about sorting this out?

Is it because I am downgrading to V6?

Will buying the newest V11 sort this out, or will it not make it any easier?

and finally........... am I just better off to start over with my site?

I would really appreciate any help you guys can offer, I am a self taugh noob and this has me stumped, I have had 2 weeks of this nightmare! (I will be keeping regular site Snapshots from now on!)

Thanks

Andy

I doubt downgrading from v7 to v6 will be a success.

If you have a snapshot of v7 or even a copy if the site folder then you can probably recover to that.

If you still have your Actinic key you can download the correct old version and restore.

Having said all that if you're prepared to buy v11 then I would probably bite the bullet and get your products up in a standard theme in v11. You're then back in business and can customise it later.

Comment

Why not download a copy of V7 from

http://www.actinic.co.uk/download-archive.html

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
      X