offers and business 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

offers and business 6

Happy new year to all, especially the ladies ;-).

I am doing a site with Act Bus 6, my client would like to send out emails to people with details of a special offer. With the ability to set up differnt pricing modes, how would Actinic recognise the fact that they had received details of this offer, e.g they get say 15% off everything for a month. i know how to sort out the 15% off bit but not for a particular client group, e.g. those that joined in the first half of the year. (the email DB is a seperate entity as far as Actinnic is concerned)
    hope this is clear enough and someone can shed a bit of light.
    thanks
    Dan

Here's some thoughts off the top of my head:

1) Create a customer account that gets 15% discount.

2) Create a buyer for that account with a username that is the same as the coupon code you want to use. Put some generic-looking details in for the account. Ensure the buyer is able to enter their own address details.

3) Create a a copy of the current login.html called offer.html (or something).

4) Replace the password entry field in offer.html with a hidden field that submits the correct password (but means customers do not have to enter it). This file will need to be manually FTPed to your acatalog folder.

The only thing that leaves is making sure the address entry page looks OK. The generic address information you entered for the customer account will appear (but will not be selected). You could maybe comment out all that code from Act_Order01.html and Act_Order02.html.

Hope that gives you some ideas.

Comment

Working...
    X