Re-joining a split database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-joining a split database

A long time ago, we split our Actinic system into the design/upload portion and the download/order processing portion. Could someone point me at the information needed to merge them back together again please? The design portion of the download section is very out of date, and the orders side of the design portion has about 20 orders from October 2000.

Many thanks,

Matthew
    Matthew

Hi Matthew,

I'm afraid that you can't put orders from two databases into one. This feature has been requested before but it is quite a complicated operation because of the way the orders are split into four different tables in the database. I will add it again to our wish list for you.

All I can suggest is that you take a backup of the database in your uploading site so you have a copy of these orders. Then create a snapshot from the uploading/maintenance machine and import it into the downloading machine. Make sure that you don't select 'Overwrite All Orders in Target Installation' at the appropriate point during the wizard. This will give you one up-to-date site with orders in it.

I hope this helps.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Many thanks. I can lose the oldest orders as they aren't critical now, but it does look like there is a sensible way to achieve what is required, even if it means having to transport the whole thing back to the design machine at the end. I'll make good backups!

Thanks,

Matthew
      Matthew

Comment

I'm wanting to do something similar.
        We have got one PC with all the orders on it and another has the website/design info.

We now would like to put this back together. Am I correct in saying that to do this I first import the orders snapshot. I then import the design snapshot, making sure that I don't 'Overwrite All Orders in Target Installation'?

Thanks,

James Scott-Evans

Comment

Hi,

You should take a snapshot on the website/design info pc and import that into the orders pc ensuring that you don't select ''Overwrite All Orders in Target Installation'.

I hope this is clear.
          Tracey
          SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
          X