Address Bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Address Bug?

Is there some way of convincing Actinic that Georgia is actually a state in the US?
    In the 'Shipping' tab, Georgia is actually listed under the US, but at the moment one of our customers records refuses to let Georgia be selected as a valid state in the delivery address section.

Chris Lucas
    Warp Artefacts

Hi Chris

If you go to the 'Shipping' tab, under your shipping zones do, you should have your 'United States' zone - if you right click that, and go to properties, is Georgia a member of the US zone?

What is the url of the website so I can have a look?

James

Comment

In 'Business Settings - Shipping and Handling' there is indeed 'Georgia' under 'United States', It's most strange...

URL is http://www.warpartefacts.com

Comment

Hi Chris

I just ran through a test order to see if I could replicate the problem, and it went through fine - I could select US, and Georgia as the state.

Did the customer get any error when ordering?
        ________

Comment

The problem only seems to be on our end.
          While processing the orders we were unable to close the order window until we removed 'Georgia' from the address. It would accept any of the other states, either typed or chosen from the picker, but likewise would not accept 'Georgia' whether it was typed or chosen.
          The error dialogue that appears when you try and close the 'Customer' tab, either by selecting another tab or closing the 'Order' window is "The state entered is not a recognised state for this country, please select a valid state."

I've attached a screen grab in case it helps...
          Attached Files

Comment

Are you downloading the orders on a seperate machine?
            ________

Comment

Also see this thread http://community.actinic.com/showthr...hlight=georgia

I ship to state of Georgia often without a problem, but I do not have Georgia in my countries list.
              Bob Ladden

Comment

The same machine is used to upload and download...

Comment

Ok then - if you look in Advanced|Locations, and click on the United States country, under the states/provinces list, does Georgia appear in there?
                  ________

Comment

Removing Georgia from the countries list seems to do the trick as a work around...
                    Thanks for the info!

Chris

Comment

Yes, Georgia is listed in the 'Advanced - Locations' tab.

Comment

Business 6.1.4

We are having EXACTLY the same problems explained in this thread also. This must be a bug. Is there going to be a fix for this ?

I don't quite understand the workaround suggested. "Removing Georgia from the countries list" - Do you have to put it back in there after deleting it or what ?

Paul

Comment

Just to show that this problem is not unique, we are also having the same problem. No problem for the customer selecting Georgia, it's just processing the order. I thought it was something we had done wrong until I saw this thread.

Comment

I think the problem is down to having both the US State of Georgia, and the Former-Soviet-State-Now-Country of Georgia. Actinic seems to get confused by this, so the only solution is to remove one.
                            Given that we are more likely to receive orders from the State of Georgia, we decided to chance it and remove the country of Georgia from the list. In theory, if anyone orders from there, they can select 'not listed' and type in their country on the next screen.

Comment

Working...
                            X