Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extended Info ProductName

Hi

I've got a really annoying problem with info_xxx.html pages. Whenever I update the website, a number of extended info pages get the wrong NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME in (about 40 pages on my local machine and about 10 on the website). I manually correct them and then they get messed up again when I run another update - its a real pain - any ideas please?

They seem to run out of synch by one product in groups as if the index has skipped one product.

By the way, the products are linked to an external Access db.

(Also, when I map a new product, the info_xxx.html page doesn't get copied to the website and I have to paste it from my site_html folder)

ta
    chilled but never frosty

Re the info_xxx.html:

When I move an unmatched external product to the Catalog, instead of creating a new info_xxx.html for that product it modifies the NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME info_xxx.html for the next available product in that category. This seems to be the problem.

It also does it in site preview

Any Ideas pls?
    chilled but never frosty

Comment

Hi there

I have just been experimenting with a linked Excel spreadsheet and have had no joy recreating your error. Just to confirm, are all the extended info fields all linked to the external data as well or do you do those manually?

My suggestion is to try compacting the Actinic database and also compacting and repairing your Access database (command is in the 'Tools' menu I believe). Then try the link again.

If you still have no luck, maybe you could attach a cut-down version of the Access database to this thread in order for us to be able to try it out for ourselves.

Comment

Hi Chris

Thanks for trying to sort it out.

- Yes, the extended info fields are all linked

- I tried compacting the Actinic Catalog and Access but no joy

- Mini db attached (including the Actinic mapping table)

- Also, every time I update the website, there's approximately 100 extended info pages which keep getting updated on the website even though they don't appear to have been changed on the local machine?

Cheers

Paul
        Attached Files
        chilled but never frosty

Comment

I've been playing with your data - linking and uninking and moving the products around - but I have not been able to generate anything unexpected.

If you de-linked your data (to do it properly you need to switch to another external datasource) and then re-linked your data, you won't lose anything and it might force Actinic to buck up its ideas.

Failing that, all I can recommend is contacting our email support team by registering a support request at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm and they can take a more in-depth look.

Comment

Thanks

I tried that but no dice. Can you give me an incident number please for the support request?

Cheers
            chilled but never frosty

Comment

You will receive an incident number when you register a support request. Problems raised on this forum are not entered into our support system.

Comment

Working...
              X