Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

putting key products on your homepage....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

putting key products on your homepage....

Hi

i have been mainting a site for a local extremem shop www.dirtnsurf.co.uk Atlhouhg the shop part, is 3 clicks away,,, so you need to click 3 times to get to the products. I want them to be able to see them directly on the homepage.. (minus the intro!)

I was going to just setup images, for people to click with a link to the page.. Althouhg i was wondering if there is any way in which i can get a live feed from the products page.. i guess this would be Easy in PHP!! So selected porducsts from a hot list would apear, with a small pic of the product, and a button to click add the product to the cart.

Althouhg this sin't nesseracy, it would be good to have it so it could produce a picture from a list of 10 Hot selling prodcuts, to keep people comming back to the homepage.. to see whats the latest product..

What do u lot recon?? and what do u recon to my use of pictures in the online shop.. do you think is ok.. or do u recon it eats up to much bandwith?

Ben

There are at least 3 things you can do.

1) Use NorTree or NorCascade to put a dynamic menu leading to all your sections on all your pages. This can be used on Non-Actinic pages. See www.rouxel.cwc.net/actinicstuff.html and follow the links. It can start with an image so you could use one similar to your existing menu icons. See www.snowlines.co.uk and put your mouse on the Products box when it appears.

2) Use Actinic's Brochure feature for your main and other pages. It's easy to link to your own products there. Again we use this on Snowlines and while it's not as flexible as fully hand-coded HTML it is certainly easy to keep up-to-date.

3) I have a patch that allows a few products, complete with all details and Add to Cart button, to be put onto Brochure pages. I'll post details if you're interested.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Yes please Norman. I'd like to see this.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Ok Here it is. It's somewhat complicated so I hope it makes sense.

I had a more elegant solution but it used <IFRAME..> tags and seemed to cause caching problems due to an Internet Explorer bug so it's on hold at the moment.

Norman
        Attached Files
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X