Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I change maxlength field in otherinfo field?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I change maxlength field in otherinfo field?

Hi - can the SIZE and MAXLENGTH fields be changed for the PROMPTS > OTHER INFO field? These are set somewhere within the Actinic software as size = 60 and maxlength = 1000

I have tried to hard code values into text item 2161, replacing the %d with values, but this causes an error when generating the html pages.

TIA
    Regards
    David

Hi there,

Please look at the following link for an alternative solution, which might be in your interest.

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...ght=other+info
    Thank You
    Menar Khan

Comment

I have tried to hard code values into text item 2161, replacing the %d with values, but this causes an error when generating the html pages.

You can't remove any %s or %d tags as these are replaced in sequence by values and removing one means that the next tag get the wrong value. Strictly speaking you CAN remove the final tag without problems.

For intermediate ones you can solve this by adding a dummy value and attaching the % tag to ite.

E.g. you want to hard code the MAXLENGTH="%d" tag then do this:

MAXLENGTH="123" dummy="%d"

And browsers will be happy as they ignore unknown content.

Norman
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Which template or file do I use to edit this otherinfo text box? I understand the advice (having similar problem) but i'm not sure where to go to make alterations?

Comment

Go to 'Design | Text' and use the 'Go to' button to go to Phase -1 and ID 2161

Comment

Working...
          X