Clear All

Quantities on seperate attributtes

Hello,

I'm wondering if it is possible to have for example

Pens (200 in total) which come in say
    >boxes of 25
    >boxes of 50
    >boxes of 100

How can i get it to work that i select 'box of 25' from the dropdown and it removes 25 from the main quantity of pens (e.g. 200 - 25) with the 'boxes of 25' being an attributte? Or would it be best as a component???

We only want to buy one box of pens (e.g. 10 in a box), but we want the shopping cart to display 1 but remove 10 from the quantity of pens (as this is how many pens we have in total)

Will it send the quantity associated with the type of box (e.g boxx of 100 = qty 100) to the main shopping cart.

This is the one major stumbling block we have at the moment.

Kind Regards
    Mel Bagley
    Programmer
    mel@kc3.net

KC3 - Actinic GOLD reseller

First of all, you need to create a hidden product (with 'Hide on Web Site' selected) called 'Pen'. Ensure the product is stock monitored. This is your 'Master' product.

You then need to have a product called 'Box of Pens' and within create three components. Create one component called 'Box of 25' and associate it with your master 'Pen' product. Set the 'Quantity' to '25' and ensure it is optional (but not selected by default). Create two more similar components for 'Box of 50' and 'Box of 100'.

This will create one main product (called 'Box of Pens') with three checkboxes underneath where people can select the size of box they want.

Comment

RE:

The three components, can you you group them so only one can be selected??? but still keep thier functionality as a component??
      Mel Bagley
      Programmer
      mel@kc3.net

KC3 - Actinic GOLD reseller

Comment

I'm afraid not. Components are totally independent from each other so you cannot group them under the one form field.

Comment

Working...
        X