Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug / suggestion(s) / Query

Hi

I am using the latest version of Business.

Bug?
    If a search is made and the user moves to the next page (or any other available page of results) then 'Previous 20' changes to 'Previous %d'.

Query / Suggestions
    ------------------
    Using search does not display matching 'sections' in the results i.e. we sell books and our products are organised into sections by subject . . . so if I search for 'earth' only books with the word 'earth' in the title (or description) appear not the 'section' headed 'earth'! If I include "Add Section Information to Product Text when indexing", it then brings all unrelated products from every section that has a single mention of earth.

Is it possible to have a Windows Explorer style display of search results with 'folders' and 'files' . . . i.e. section titles that match the search criteria followed by products that match the search criteria.

--------------------
    Search results do not seem to be in any specific order? Is this because they are simply in the order they are held within the catalogue 'database'?

Is there any way to order the results?

---------------------
    Without exporting the catalogue is there a way of sorting products within sections other than manually by 'dragging and dropping'?

Finally, I am about to experiment and test an 'affiliate program'

Are there any plans to expand and incorporate this facility within Business vers 7?

In the meantime, I would be truly grateful for any tips or advice in implementing this with Actinic . . . e-mail: tony@mandrake-press.com.

I would be especially interested in creating links to the site which generate a search and present a results page.

regards
    Tony

Mandrake Press Ltd.
    Actinic user since 1998

Bug?
    If a search is made and the user moves to the next page (or any other available page of results) then 'Previous 20' changes to 'Previous %d'.

Hmmm - don't get that happening on my store. May be worth copying bang up to date copies of 'SearchScript.pl', 'Session.pm', 'Search.pm' and 'ActinicOrder.pm' from the 'Original' folder into your 'Site1' folder and then uploading.

Is it possible to have a Windows Explorer style display of search results with 'folders' and 'files' . . . i.e. section titles that match the search criteria followed by products that match the search criteria.

No, but you can restrict your search to specific sections with the store with the 'Allow Searching by Sections' checkbox.

Search results do not seem to be in any specific order? Is this because they are simply in the order they are held within the catalogue 'database'?

They are returned in the alphabetical order of the product references.

Without exporting the catalogue is there a way of sorting products within sections other than manually by 'dragging and dropping'?

Contact Jan Strassen at http://www.mole-end.biz/ as she has a utility for doing this.

Finally, I am about to experiment and test an 'affiliate program'

There are some tips on the Advanced User Guide on page 71, which talk about variables for passing the order number and order total to a third party. With regards to links to the store, you need to just do a search and then use the URL of ther results page in the affiliate link - adding...

&ACTINIC_REFERRER=http://your.URL.acatalog/

to the end of the URL so the shopping session starts correctly.

Comment

Hi Chris

Thanks for the reply

Bug?
      >If a search is made and the user moves to the next page (or any other available page of results) then 'Previous 20' changes to 'Previous %d'.

I copied the scripts over [even though file dates/time were identical anyway] . . . uploaded site . . . with no change — I still get 'Previous %d'.

I checked this from another pc to ensure it is not machine-specific and got the same result.

Thanks for the mole-end.biz link . . . and tips on an 'affiliate program' but you did not say if V. 7 will have improved support for this . . . should I wait for the next release?

regards

Tony
      Tony

Mandrake Press Ltd.
      Actinic user since 1998

Comment

We have released a new version of our sorting tool today as it happens, the product sorter is still free but you can now buy an advanced version that sorts sections as well.

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Cat...ting_Tool.html

Regards
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I copied the scripts over [even though file dates/time were identical anyway] . . . uploaded site . . . with no change — I still get 'Previous %d'.
          As a quick fix, you could go to 'Design | Text', click 'Go to' and go to prompt ID 265 and replace 'Previous %d' with 'Previous Page'.

Comment

Not quite a bug......

Originally posted by Laylah
            Bug?
            >If a search is made and the user moves to the next page (or any other available page of results) then 'Previous 20' changes to 'Previous %d'.

I have experienced this problem.
            Simply go to PHASE -1 ID 265 in "Design | Text" and change the field from
            Previous %%d
            to
            Previous %d

This will fix it.
            Not sure where this additional '%' comes from tbut that is what causes this particular error
            Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
            Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
            SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Working...
            X