Emergency: Restoring Site BackUp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emergency: Restoring Site BackUp

I mistakedly deleted a section of my catalog and lost it. Restored a snapshot which--stupidly--was out of date and would be more work than replacing the deleted section.

When I go to unzip the archive created during the snapshot import I get an error message...

Unable to restore backup
    Engine Error: unknown error 3

I just finished an intense week and would like not to have to repeat it...can anyone help?
    Jeff Pollack
    www.alldawgs.com
    www.profleeceusa.com
    www.4dogclubsonly.com
    www.silverwood2007.com

Look in your site1 folder for previous.mdb and backup.mdb. Hopefully one of those may be usable for you to recover. I would bet on previous.mdb. Rename ActinicCatalog.mdb to something else and rename one of those to ActinicCatalog.mdb.

This assumes you have not done much saving after the disaster.
    Bob Ladden

Comment

Bob:

Thank you. That helped tremendously. Restored the database to Friday night (and thankfully I was away for the weekend and didn't do anything until last night when I screwed up). I won't have to do the tedious stuff...just check the templates and some perl alterations to see which ones aren't up to snuff.

Thanks again.
      Jeff Pollack
      www.alldawgs.com
      www.profleeceusa.com
      www.4dogclubsonly.com
      www.silverwood2007.com

Comment

You're very welcome. I'm good at disaster recovery because I cause so many disasters.
        Bob Ladden

Comment

May I never gain your expertise in the latter...
          it would, however, be okay to become an expert in recovering other people's disasters.

Next time I'll know exactly to whom to turn. Thanks again.
          Jeff Pollack
          www.alldawgs.com
          www.profleeceusa.com
          www.4dogclubsonly.com
          www.silverwood2007.com

Comment

Working...
          X