Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Search Engine - Product Link

Hi all,

I'm constructing another large Actinic site (3000+ products) and thought I had everything ready to go live last thursday. However, during the final testing, I realised that when I do a search, the links that are shown are to individual products pages. However due to the large volume of products, I do not have product pages and instead list a number of products on the section page, with an "Add to Cart" button at the bottom of each page.

At the moment if you search for a product, it will find it but if you click on the link you get a 404. Is there any way you can get the search engine to link to the appropriate section page, or does anyone have an idea for a workaround?

Cheers in advance,

Chris Poulter,
    Herne Studios.

Chris, could you provide a URL for this store.

Ben
    Ben Popplestone
    Ecommerce website software

Comment

http://www.bisley-uk.com/acatalog

As this is a private wholesalers catalog I can't give out login information publicly (it is a private store) but if you message me I will send login information (which will be deleted once the problem is sorted).

Cheers,

Chris Poulter,
      Herne Studios

Comment

After a brief check it seems to be ok now after changing a few (irrelivant) settings and uploading - just wondering whether it might be because of an interrupted update before? I'll do some detailed testing now but I do believe its sorted itself out...

Cheers,

Chris Poulter

Comment

Thanks, Chris. Can you give me an example of a search string for which the result links give 404 errors? I searched for TX455 and clicked the link to go successfully to the product.
          Ben Popplestone
          Ecommerce website software

Comment

Working...
          X