Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can i put my web on a cd to use from any pc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can i put my web on a cd to use from any pc?

hi there all,

i want to put my web on a cd, just to run form say...internet explorer, not actinic.....is this possible in any way. the reason for this is that my friend has a store without internet accesss, i want his customers to be able to browse my web to a non-internet connected pc. is it possible at all?

thanks
    Thanks for all help everyone!!

www.decorativextras.com

Hi there.

I don't know if this will help, but I am aware that you can use Adobe Acrobat to download a website and save it as a PDF - I believe you need the full version not just the reader.

The only thing is it won't have any cart functionality, ie you won't be able to test the ordering side of things, you can only view the pages. I must admit I have never tried it myself!

Alternatively, (a proabaly cheaper!), you could set up a local server on the computer without Internet access, install Catalog on that machine along with your site snapshot, and upload to the local server. We have information about setting up local servers for Actinic in the Advanced User Guide which is availabe for download Here

I hope this helps.
    Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

thats great, thanks, i think i will stick to the acrobat version, it sounds straight forward. I have no idea about networks etc. If i have problems i will just have to try the other method. thanks again. So just to go over the acrobat quickly:

1. i need the full version, install on my pc (internet connected)

2. save web in acrobat format.

3. put acrobat on 2nd pc

4. load file up with web

does that sound like its right? sounds too easy to be true...

thanks again...

www.decorativextras.com

Comment

You could try this:-

Do a site Preview on your main system. Now write all of Site1 to a CD (except any .mdb files). This is for security and data protection reasons as all your product details and customer orders are in those databases.

Now give that CD to your friend and all you have to do is navigate to the Site1\PreviewHTML folder and double-click the P_SiteRoot_index.html and they will have all preview details (no Search, Cart or Checkout of course). Use P_index.html if you don't use Brochure.

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi there.

Norman's suggestion sounds good, Is your website address http://www.decorativextras.com/, is this the one you want to send to your friend? I will try and make a pdf from that anyway, if it works (I have not tried it before!), I can send it to you. It may take a while though, there are quite a view pages to download!
          Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Hi there.

We have created a PDF version of the www.decorativextras.com site. I have zipped it up (it is still around 9MB!) and I have emailed it to you.

You can open it in Adobe Acrobat Reader, you do not need the full paid for version.

I hope you find it useful.
            Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

hi there darren,

thank you so much, i cant believe that you have actually done this for me, i really appreciate it. I have not recieved any mail though. the site was correct. By the way what did you think about it, i know there are alot of pages. thanks again,

Anil

www.decorativextras.com

Comment

thank you so much, i cant believe that you have actually done this for me
                A pleasure! - Well is was my colleague in marketing that did it, he has the full version of Acrobat!

I have not recieved any mail though
                Hmm, it bounced back because of the size, I am uploading the file to a webserver (it is taking ages)

When it is done, I will email you the link.
                Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

thanks darren, i have recieved it. will test it on the other machine in morning when i go to his shop.

thanks again

www.decorativextras.com

Comment

Working...
                  X