Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IE on the Mac woes

Hi all

On our pages, the "Items in Cart" and "Cart value" doesn't display in IE on the Mac . It works in IE on the PC, and in Mozilla and Opera on both platforms. Any ideas on how to make this work? Or will I have to put a bit of code in to hide it if it's running on the errant browser?

I modified the code a touch (since we don't always want to display in the same currency) but it doesn't throw up any JS errors and like I said, it works everywhere else:

<script language="JavaScript">
    var valItems = getCartItem(1);
    valItems = valItems.toString().substr(5); // Strip off the &#xxx; (dollar sign)
    document.write("Items&nbsp;in&nbsp;cart:&nbsp;" + getCartItem(3)+"&nbsp; "); // "Items in cart" was:NETQUOTEVAR:CARTCOOKIEITEMS
    document.write("Cart&nbsp;value:&nbsp;&pound;" + valItems); // "Cart value" was: NETQUOTEVAR:CARTCOOKIEVALUE
    </script>

Cheers

In Act_Primary.html have you put:
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="actinicextras.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
    in the head portion?

It should be below:
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="actiniccore.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
    Matthew Cottam
    Project Manager

<a href="http://www.reports-express.co.uk">www.reports-express.co.uk</a>

Comment

Yes I have both of these lines in the <head> section. It works on all other platforms/browsers except IE on the Mac...

Comment

Maybe it's the toString() method. I've seen problems with it not obeying the optional radix parameter on some browsers.

This is another method of converting a number to a string.

var valItems = getCartItem(1) + "";
        valItems = valItems.substr(5); // Strip off the &#xxx; (dollar sign)

Norman.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X