Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

random general script error at checkout

Hi,

We've been running the site in version 6 for over a year with no problems. http://www.multizonedvd.co.uk.

On monday 12/01/04 we implemented the refferer script for tracking clickthroughs from partners and also allowed for alternative shipping address.

Since these two changes we have noticed that we are getting a general script error on 13/01/04

A General Script Error Occurred

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Error: The site configuration has been updated by the shop operator while you are checking out. Please navigate back to the product pages by pressing the Browser Back button and try again or contact the site owner.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner

We have looked at the knowledgebase and changed the (!) and complete site refresh as explained but with no joy.

We also changed the delivery option back to what it was on our monday before the changes. And are in the process of removing the refferer links as they may be overloading the server??? (coincidentally our refferer links are kelkoo.co.uk and dealtime.co.uk price comparison sites)

The only next steps we can think of is for an upgrade to the next version but considering this version has been working without any issues until our recent changes are sure that there is something that has been overlooked.

Can anyone shed any light.

Taz

There have been previous postings about this spurious error. I have seen it three times in my site error log and there was no way I was updating at those times. The first two where 10 minutes apart and I think it was the same client. The third was weeks later. I could not figure it out.
    Bob Ladden

Comment

Just an update found the following two messages in our webstats:

/cgi-bin/ca000000
      /cgi-bin/ca000000?ACTION=COOKIEERROR

Any Ideas?

Comment

Cookie errors are common. Not a real Actinic error. This happens when the client has cookies disabled. Actinic needs cookies.
        Bob Ladden

Comment

Hi Taz

This error can also be caused when using older versions of v6 with the store running in http and the checkout in https (KB article here). You have v6.0.1 so it could be worth upgrading to the latest version although you may have some work to do upgrading the templates.

I've also seen this error occur in versions prior to v6.0.2 when referrer links are used - the old referrer script removed all session files from the server. Upgrading to the latest version will also solve this.

Ben
          Ben Popplestone
          Ecommerce website software

Comment

Working...
          X